Too aggressive on D

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
When you blitz as much as we did, you open up the middle, plain and simple. We had linebackers man to man on wide outs and tight ends all night, which was what BYU wanted.

BYU watched the Wake game from last year.

That being said - I saw a good Tech team tonight that lost a game basically on fumbles and time of possession.

I saw a team that absolutely did not give up and I saw some freshmen that did not act like freshmen. The blown kick (punt?) return was a freshman mistake, but it was made by the same guy that blocked a punt that turned into a TD.

We have a quarterback. We have team speed. Chris Reis is a special teams beast. Ball and Scott are for real. PJ has his head in the game.

We won't be a great team, but we aren't near as bad as some of these guys are already saying on this board. We can be competitive if we don't lose confidence over what will probably happen with Auburn and FSU.

I'm proud as hell of these guys and they will get better. Most of what killed us tonight will be corrected shortly if they keep the right attitude.

Be realistic about this season. We only have one game to go by, but from what I saw we can be competitive - - just not what we are used to, or what we want. We do have something to build with, and we have proven to quality recruits that they can get on the field in a hurry if they take being here seriously.

Regardless of what some seem to think - recruits and players do read these boards. I know because some of them tell me they do. Support our team and expect them to get better. Maybe they will.

By the way, there were some damn good looking Mormans in the stands, weren't they?

Tend to agree. We may have had better luck playing coverage instead.

Excellent post Techfowl.. even though we lost last night.. I see alot of positives.. we are heading in the right direction.. this team will surprise a few people this year

From Techfowl: "By the way, there were some damn good looking Mormans in the stands, weren't they?"

Hey! Stop looking at my wives!

Back