Top 3 GT Football Games Ever Attended?

A few more favorites that I attended:

1980. Tie/win over Notre Dame. A real thriller to be there.

1984. Win over climpsum in the Refrigerator mover game.

1995. Win over Maryland in the seat cushion game.

1985. All-American Bowl win over Michigan St. after Curry had suspended four players including Dewberry. The largest kazoo orchestra record was set that night.

1999. The Gator Bowl win over Notre Dame.

And one I didn't attend (but wish I had):

2001. Seattle Bowl. Impressive win over the #9BCS Stanford Cardinal where Coach Mac and an energetic group of coaches and players showed what positive leadership can do on a talented team. Showed the promise that could have been the 2002 season if not for a historically bad decision by Dave Braine.

Oh, one more..

VS UNC at BDS......Can anybody remember the year ?

Shawn Jones scrambled ~ 50 yds with time expiring to score the winning TD ? I thought that game was lost...It was 4th and at least 10, with
less than a minute in the game ( maybe only 15 sec's or so to go in the game)?

Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat......

Originally posted by beeware:

2001. Seattle Bowl. Impressive win over the #9BCS Stanford Cardinal where Coach Mac and an energetic group of coaches and players showed what positive leadership can do on a talented team. Showed the promise that could have been the 2002 season if not for a historically bad decision by Dave Braine.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware.. is it possible for you to post anything without getting your digs in about the coaching change? LOL.. I bet you have to PAY people to grab a beer with you !!

What is it about the word "resignation" do you not understand... GOL, Roof, Kelly, and the beloved BOB were set to bolt to ND.. which means that they were going to leave.. with or without Braine or Gailey.. They didnt want to be here anymore

And if Mac is so talented, why was he overlooked at Texas a month or so back for the Asst. Head Coaching job??

Link: Coach Mac.. overlooked again...

#1 - Tech vs Ugag in 1999
Loudest I've ever heard the crowd ad BDS.

#2 - Tech vs Notre Dame in Gator Bowl, 1999
Loved hearing the whining Irish after we stomped them.

#3 - Tech vs Maryland in 1995
"The seat cushion game"
We were unranked, UMd was ranked #15 and it was a Thursday night ESPN game.
We stomped the Terps and threw our free cushions on the field. I did keep two of them, though.

BBR

'98 GT @ UGA - I was sitting in the UGA student
section for this one. I took crap all game long
and then it was oh so sweet when Chambers drilled
the winning FG.

'00 GT @ UGA - Chanting "ACC! ACC! ACC!" in the cold,
wet upper deck seats after Godsey ran wild for
that TD.

The third game would be one of the following:

'98 Wake @ GT - We whipped them 63-35 and Sean
Gregory ran wild.

'91 UVA @ GT - Sisson beats UVA for the second
straight year with a FG. And my date for that
game was mighty fine too. =]

One more worthy of mention: 29-28 over UNC in 1974. UNC took a 28-21 lead with about 3:00 to go in the game, and at the time we were running the wishbone - not the ideal comeback offense. But the Jackets drove down the field and scored with less than a minute to go to make it 28-27. Then Rudy Allen hit a sliding Jimmy Robinson for the 2-point conversion and the win.

Oh, and that UNC game that Shawn Jones pulled out of the fire; that was in 1989.

1952- Ga. Tech 7 Ala. 3 Little Jake Rudolph Tackled the Tide's All-American RB Bobby Marlow on our 3 yard line to
preserve the victory.

1962- Ga.Tech 7 Ala. 6- Mike Mcnames our FB scored the lone TD on a nine yard run and then made the tackle on Jack Hurlbut on the 1 yard line when the Tide went for two points after their TD.
Another great play to preserve the win was little Don Toner's interception of a Joe Namath pass to seal the win.

There are many great games and it is difficult to
choose one over the other but if pressed I would have to choose the 1990 Ga. Tech 41-Va. 38 . The reason I pick this game over so many great wins over the Dawgs is because this game led to a national championship.

But I can't help but bring up the 1974 Tech-Ga. game in Athens. The Dogs kicked off to us in the rain and mud and they kicked off to us and we fumbled the kickoff on our 5 yard line and picked up the ball and then fumbled again at our 11 yard
line but we recovered both of them and big David Sims immediately took over and led us on an 89 yard TD drive. The puppies didn't complete a pass all day and we only completed one pass for four yards but we beat the Canines handily. We led 20-0 at halftime and the Tech fans could sit whereever they wanted because the Puppy fans left at halftime. That was a fantastic day despite the weather being so miserable.

1984, '85, '89, '90, '98, '99 and 2000 games vs. UGAG.

1984 and '90 vs. Clempsun, and '89, '98 and 2000 games at Clempsun, especially 1989 30-13 victory.

Jan. 1 1999 Gator Bowl win over Notre Dame.

1982 and '86 games vs. Tennessee.

I went to all the GT/Auburn games from 1981 to 1987, home and away, but we lost them all.
frown.gif
If GT had won any of these, it would be listed here for sure.

1) 91 Citrus Bowl vs Nebraska

2) 98 UVA comeback

3) 99 Gator Bowl vs Notre Dame

Back