Top 5 players in GT History (in your opinion)

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
1. Billy Lothridge
2. Joe Hamilton
3. Clint Castleberry
4. Robert Lavette
5. Calvin Johnson

WreckJunkie

Varsity Lurker
In my lifetime, that I saw play and in no particular order.

Drew Hill
Pat Swilling
Joe Hamilton
Calvin Johnson
John Davis

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
Young fan:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Hamilton
3. Clint Castleberry
4. Billy Lothridge
5. Justin Thomas

Nesbitt, Dwyer, D. Morgan, M. Burnett, Shaq Mason, the Swillings (Ken and Pat), Shawn Jones, Randy Rhino, Kim King, and many others under consideration.

donsue

Flats Noob
Young fan:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Hamilton
3. Clint Castleberry
4. Billy Lothridge
5. Justin Thomas

Nesbitt, Dwyer, D. Morgan, M. Burnett, Shaq Mason, the Swillings (Ken and Pat), Shawn Jones, Randy Rhino, Kim King, and many others under consideration.
Honorable mentions;
Lucious Sanford
Lenny Snow
Jim Breeland
Don Stephenson
Larry Stallings
Billy Martin
Reggie Wilkes
Billy Teas

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I am the only one to pick Marco Coleman but will stick with that pick. He was a beast at Tech. I did not pick Shaq but must admit he is deserving.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
In college:
Castleberry (Heisman 3rd as Freshman)
Hamilton. (Heisman 2nd)
CalvinJ. (Biletnokoff)
Lothridge (Heisman 2nd)
Morris (All SEC 25 yr period team, AA)
Randy Rhino. (3 Time AA!)l
Durant Brooks/Harvin (Guy Winners)
Eddie Lee Ivery (8th Heisman) 4th best GT ever?

Pro:
Calvin Johnson (Goat)
Larry Morris (60’s All Decade)
Pat swilling (Defensive POY)
Harrison Butker
BB
Coleman
Morgan
Brooking

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Every single one of you has left out the player who did the most for GT at a critical time.

Jasper Sanks.

Graybeard Jacket

Varsity Lurker
Don't you have to be in the College Football HOF to be a Top 5 Yellow Jacket? Here is the list

Maxie Baughan Ray Beck Bobby Davis
Bill Fincher Buck Flowers Joe Guyon
Joe Hamilton Calvin Johnson George Morris
Larry Morris Peter Pund Randy Rhino
Everett Strupper Pat Swilling

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
The year before Castleberry's great 1942 season, I had a cousin who played for GT.Likely why i grew up a GT fan.
Weighing in at 175 pounds, Jordan tried out as a lineman. Before the season was over, he had been tabbed by his fellow players and coaches as “Hardrock.” He was awarded the Rhodes Trophy as the most valuable player for the 1941 Yellow Jackets. was named to the All - Southeastern team by the sports staff of the “Atlanta Journal.” The only other Georgian on the team was his rival, Frank Sinkwich.
He was a pilot who died in 1943 at SanDiego Naval Airstation.
Thanks for that. Oddly Clint Castleberry was my cousin. He was one of reasons I went to Tech.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Can't bother to read four pages of this but from what I have seen skimming the pages I'm gonna add votes for a couple of guys whom I don't see getting a lot of mention . . .

1) Kent Hill - Offensive Tackle. Put together like a chiseled God from Mt. Olympus. Five time NFL Pro Bowler.

2) Drew Hill - WR. 14 year NFL career. 60 TDs and nearly 10000 receiving yards. Two time NFL Pro Bowler.

Calvin, Bay Bay and Eddie Lee were the best players I saw. Eddie Lee would have had a great NFL career had he not been injured.

originalwombat

Damn Good Rat
Here's mine
1) Joe Hamilton - just in command at QB.
2) John Dewberry - the QB who turned it around
3) Justin Thomas - next level player. There was no such thing as a broken play once he took over the team.
4) Eddie Lee Ivery - UGAg felt it necessary to hurt him at all costs
5) Calvin Johnson - I love RB, but had we gotten a prototypical QB, he becomes the greatest WR in CFB history.

Fight me, it is the off-season. Or change my mind, I'm game

And no, I didn't put defensive players on there so bonus is

6) Keith Brooking - all time leading tackler in GT History. Back to back seasons of 147 & 146 tackles.
1) Joe
2) Calvin
3) Dwyer
4) Gathers
5) Morgan

eg1

Dodd-Like
In college:
Castleberry (Heisman 3rd as Freshman)
Hamilton. (Heisman 2nd)
CalvinJ. (Biletnokoff)
Lothridge (Heisman 2nd)
Morris (All SEC 25 yr period team, AA)
Randy Rhino. (3 Time AA!)l
Durant Brooks/Harvin (Guy Winners)
Eddie Lee Ivery (8th Heisman) 4th best GT ever?

Pro:
Calvin Johnson (Goat)
Larry Morris (60’s All Decade)
Pat swilling (Defensive POY)
Harrison Butker
BB
Coleman
Morgan
Brooking
Shaq is having a pretty good pro career himself, despite not necessarily looking the part

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
Here's mine
1) Joe Hamilton - just in command at QB.
2) John Dewberry - the QB who turned it around
3) Justin Thomas - next level player. There was no such thing as a broken play once he took over the team.
4) Eddie Lee Ivery - UGAg felt it necessary to hurt him at all costs
5) Calvin Johnson - I love RB, but had we gotten a prototypical QB, he becomes the greatest WR in CFB history.

Fight me, it is the off-season. Or change my mind, I'm game

And no, I didn't put defensive players on there so bonus is

6) Keith Brooking - all time leading tackler in GT History. Back to back seasons of 147 & 146 tackles.
I'd add Rock Perdoni, Robert Lavette and Kim King, and if we add favorite plays it would be Stinson spitting in the face of the Notre Dame player in the Gator Bowl

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No order

Castleberry - got hurt and slowed down his last 2 games or he may have won the Heisman and we may have won the Natl Championship
Eddie Lee
Calvin

will leave the last 2 empty because I don't know who I would pick and somebody would change my mind

GSOJacket

Varsity Lurker
Clint Castleberry
George Morris (Dodd believed George Morris was his best player)
Eddie Lee Ivory
Joe Hamilton
Calvin Johnson

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Can't bother to read four pages of this but from what I have seen skimming the pages I'm gonna add votes for a couple of guys whom I don't see getting a lot of mention . . .

1) Kent Hill - Offensive Tackle. Put together like a chiseled God from Mt. Olympus. Five time NFL Pro Bowler.

2) Drew Hill - WR. 14 year NFL career. 60 TDs and nearly 10000 receiving yards. Two time NFL Pro Bowler.

Calvin, Bay Bay and Eddie Lee were the best players I saw. Eddie Lee would have had a great NFL career had he not been injured.
I have a picture of Kent Hill with my 8 yr old daughter.You are right, no gut hanging over that guy's belt. SCARY.