Totally serious question

johncu

Dodd-Like
Why do so many of you insist on publicly trashing our program and its leader in a public forum at every possible opportunity? Do you think recruiting is going to magically improve when recruits read the message boards (believe me, they do) and see the fans constantly talking öööö about the players and coaches?

Since some of you can only see in extremes, let me qualify that statement. Obviously the coach is open to criticism, and PJ certainly should be criticized at this point, but using EVERY single thing that happens, good or bad, to further your anti-(insert coach) agenda is not good for anything.

Can't we say positive things in discussions about our recruits without making insulting "high school offense" remarks?

Can't we discuss on-field results without constant personal attacks against the coach that are hateful and contribute nothing to the discussion?

Can't we accept the transfer of a SINGLE PLAYER (considered very average by everyone except for our own fans) without insisting that it is the last straw for our coach?

Seriously, StingTalk used to be my favorite GT board because it was fun and lightly moderated, but the polarization here makes it almost impossible to actually have a real discussion. I open a 15 page thread only to read 12 pages of "arrogant SOB" and "stubborn ass PJ won't play Vad/Justin/flavor of the week" and "GTFO Pawl" along with 3 pages of people who end up coming across as sunshine pumpers because they are forced to constantly be positive to combat all of the irrational attacks.

I don't get it.

Agree. It's starting to get old. Matter of fact I am going to post a positive thread to lighten it up.

Amen brother. A few too many posters are starting to sound like WnE. Anything that could be construed negatively is, and anything that could be construed positively is dismissed.

why do so many of you insist on publicly trashing our program and its leader in a public forum at every possible opportunity? Do you think recruiting is going to magically improve when recruits read the message boards (believe me, they do) and see the fans constantly talking öööö about the players and coaches?

Since some of you can only see in extremes, let me qualify that statement. Obviously the coach is open to criticism, and pj certainly should be criticized at this point, but using every single thing that happens, good or bad, to further your anti-(insert coach) agenda is not good for anything.

Can't we say positive things in discussions about our recruits without making insulting "high school offense" remarks?

Can't we discuss on-field results without constant personal attacks against the coach that are hateful and contribute nothing to the discussion?

Can't we accept the transfer of a single player (considered very average by everyone except for our own fans) without insisting that it is the last straw for our coach?

Seriously, stingtalk used to be my favorite gt board because it was fun and lightly moderated, but the polarization here makes it almost impossible to actually have a real discussion. I open a 15 page thread only to read 12 of "arrogant sob" and "stubborn ass pj won't play vad/justin/flavor of the week" and "gtfo pawl" along with 3 pages of people who end up coming across as sunshine pumpers because they are forced to constantly be positive to combat all of the irrational attacks.

I don't get it.

+1000

Ohhhhhhhh I get it. I know exactly what you need.

44539286.jpg

44539304.jpg

44539332.jpg

44539377.jpg

But seriously ... I think the angst would be lower if PJ or Bobisnki would say we have problems a, b, and c and we are rectifying them with x, y, z. I think pretty much everybody agrees there are some big issues. The results on the field speak for themselves, and tap a vein of patience Gailey has already depleted. Fans abhor a vacuum.

But seriously ... I think the angst would be lower if PJ or Bobisnki would say we have problems a, b, and c and we are rectifying them with x, y, z. I think pretty much everybody agrees there are some big issues. The results on the field speak for themselves, and tap a vein of patience Gailey has already depleted. Fans abhor a vacuum.

Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that e-culture encourages asshole behavior because people are never held accountable.

If recruits base their decisions on stuff said by morons like me then that makes them even bigger morons than me.

There are plenty of Politically Correct GT boards that you can go to

There are plenty of Politically Correct GT boards that you can go to

There's a reason I preferred this one over those boards. I don't want politically correct - I want real, objective discussion. If you don't like the coach, provide football-related reasons why, and don't sabotage every thread with worthless personal attacks.

Neither IQ nor maturity is a prerequisite for posting. I like the idea of free speech, so I've learned to ignore the trolls and idiots. It is a mystery, though, how people can profess to be GT fans, and then seize every opportunity to throw stones at the program.

Why do so many of you insist on publicly trashing our program and its leader in a public forum at every possible opportunity? Do you think recruiting is going to magically improve when recruits read the message boards (believe me, they do) and see the fans constantly talking öööö about the players and coaches?

Since some of you can only see in extremes, let me qualify that statement. Obviously the coach is open to criticism, and PJ certainly should be criticized at this point, but using EVERY single thing that happens, good or bad, to further your anti-(insert coach) agenda is not good for anything.

Can't we accept the transfer of a SINGLE PLAYER (considered very average by everyone except for our own fans) without insisting that it is the last straw for our coach?

Seriously, StingTalk used to be my favorite GT board because it was fun and lightly moderated, but the polarization here makes it almost impossible to actually have a real discussion. I open a 15 page thread only to read 12 pages of "arrogant SOB" and "stubborn ass PJ won't play Vad/Justin/flavor of the week" and "GTFO Pawl" along with 3 pages of people who end up coming across as sunshine pumpers because they are forced to constantly be positive to combat all of the irrational attacks.
I don't get it.

Here's the place you are looking for:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938

If recruits base their decisions on stuff said by morons like me then that makes them even bigger morons than me.

If a recruit reads StingTalk right now, what do you think his perception of the GT fanbase would be? Would you want to play for a school whose fans publicly insulted and mocked the coach and their own players? I teach high school and I know that my own students who play football constantly read the forums and it certainly affects their perception of that fanbase.

It amuses me how some of the same fonts who were calling for Chan Gailey's head, loudly and publicly, are saying that we should not criticize CPJ because it might hurt recruiting.

Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that e-culture encourages asshole behavior because people are never held accountable.

You hit this dead spot on. That pretty much sums up today's society as a whole

It amuses me how some of the same fonts who were calling for Chan Gailey's head, loudly and publicly, are saying that we should not criticize CPJ because it might hurt recruiting.

I hope you aren't referring to me. I specifically said that PJ deserves criticism, but childish sabotaging of just about every thread with "Pawl" gets really, really old.

BTW, I was equally annoyed with the trashing of Gailey. There was a guy in my section at games who literally yelled "Chan the Man" after every single negative play, but looked pissed if anything good happened. Gailey needed to go when he did, but nobody wants to hear that crap.

It's because of a couple things in my opinion

1. because our school is highly polarizing and full of know-it-all types.

Think about it:
Engineers vs M Train
Academia vs sports
Greeks vs GDIs
And to some extent Football players vs "rich white snobs"

2. Because engineers look to correct things and are hyper critical, and also value being right more than almost anything.

3. Because many of our fans don't take football seriously enough to REALLY INVEST in it (to their credit) but care just enough to be able to laugh at it.

This all makes a öööötastic storm of one of the worst and least supportive fanbases of sustained success in the country. Our season tickets are bought by our hated rivals. We don't sell out games because we apparently don't schedule hard enough teams despite playing one of the mor competitive OOC's in football especially with the BYU home and home we just had.

Here's the place you are looking for:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938

Stuck on extremes, I see. Since I don't like personal insults against the coach, I must want to go to a place where everything is sugar-coated, right? Since I can actually accept that positive things are happening amongst all of the negative things going on right now, I must be a sunshine-pumper, right?

Back