Tough love/Tough Coaching Scenerio

BLEEDGOLD

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Like all of us, I have been doing little but thinking about what in the heck is going on with our team and its' coaching abilities. Then I started thinking about my own dad and how he "coached" me in the game of life. Without a doubt, there were times when I hated him, because he was so damn intimidating. Mom says, "wait until your father gets home". Oh, God, not that! But from a little boy, getting into high school, learning from all my mistakes and getting my due course from my father taught me something each time. I wasn't a bad kid, just one who had a dad who loved me although I felt that I could never do enough "right" for him. Came time to go to school at Tech, and I was "made" to pay my way. No help there from good ole dad. Dang, I remember how much I would say to myself that he didn't give a crap about me. Well, somehow I made it. I clawed my way through school, live pretty damn well now and then I think this is due to that man making sure I knew that only I controled my life with my own ups and downs. Our relationship wasn't maybe the Father Knows Best type, but there wasn't a day that I didn't try to do my best because I knew there was my Dad somewhere watching me. A hard man? Definitely! And when he passed away two years ago, NEVER did I fully realize just how much I loved him and missed his leadership.
My point is that Chan Gailey may indeed be a wonderful loving man with his love for God, but I 100% also believe that young men (and women) also need REAL DISCIPILINE to achieve and grow and learn. The fear of not doing your best sometimes comes back to have an individual dig deep into themselves to find a new way of "doing" and not compromising less. Tough Love. That is not a bad thing....and I love Tech passionately as I do my Dad. And I know that my dad loved me without conditions...it was his way. This is my take on our situation as it is today.
GO JACKETS!

It seems you have gained a lot of wisdom. "What is the saying?", instead of giving your kid fish to eat, teach him how to catch the fish. Parents will not always be around to care for their children. You have to teach them to depend on values and hard work so they can take care of themselves.

Also you cannot discipline a child if that child thinks you do not love him. However, if he knows you love him, you can discipline him, and he will love you in return for the discipline. If a parent never disciplines a child, the child thinks the parent does not care of his actions and does not love him.

Some children and even players under a coach will get his share of attention, even if it is a negative action to get the attention.

wink.gif

Back