Tough schedule next year

Are you our first vad hater?

I thought there were numerous un-believers. Folks that defended Tevin to the death. Maybe that was the Hive. The boredom, self-loathing, and fighting with each other on both boards make them sort of run together for me.

I thought there were numerous un-believers. Folks that defended Tevin to the death. Maybe that was the Hive. The boredom, self-loathing, and fighting with each other on both boards make them sort of run together for me.

Seen plenty of unbelievers. Im a vad and tevin moderate, myself. It'll get crazy though, I think, when vad isn't making every game look like the UNC game. I'm expecting a lot of hype backlash and a few legit haters. Didn't expect to see any this soon though.

I was just thinking about our schedule next year and to me it looks very difficult.

We replace Presbyterian and MTSU with Elon and Alabama A&M, which will be two W's.

We play Clemson on the road again and Miami (who we've lost 4 straight to) on the road and we have only won once at UVA since 1990. We also play BYU on the road, who destroyed us at home this past year. I'm not sure that they will be as good this year but I'm sure they'll be tough on the lines of scrimmage once again.

UNC and Duke are wins to me. Duke loses a lot and UNC won't beat us at home.

UGA is UGA and VT has owned the series against us but we get them at home.

We also replace two easy W's from last year, BC and MD, with two games that could be difficult, Pitt and Syracuse.

This could be a situation where we are improved as a team but our record isn't that much better. However, if our defense is improved, we will win games and the tough schedule won't matter.

AND, on top of all this, we don't know what our unis will look like.

And, some of our coaches have been given different responsibilities.

And we have a new DC.

And we may have to play a Frosh or 2.

All of this should mean we are another 5 years out from being a real program.

Seen plenty of unbelievers. Im a vad and tevin moderate, myself. It'll get crazy though, I think, when vad isn't making every game look like the UNC game. I'm expecting a lot of hype backlash and a few legit haters. Didn't expect to see any this soon though.

I think he still has some rough ones to go through barring ridiculous progress in the spring and fall. However, even in his poor outings he's just so much more athletic than Tevin that it's ok.

There were multiple plays in almost every game he played in where Tevin would have been sacked for a loss or no gain, and Vad turned it into a 3-5 yard gain.

Also, Vad will throw a few more interceptions but only because he's forcing it somewhere he shouldn't, not because he launched an arm-punt that a quadriplegic safety has time to get under. He's going to make a lot of plays that Tevin never could.

And honestly, I think one of the best things he does is that he's decisive. One of the things that Tevin did that frustrated me the most was failure to choose and go. At least when Vad picks wrong he still might break a tackle or make somebody miss with that 4.3-4.2 speed (lol).

I'm thinking about pioneering the Vad-hate group.

I think he still has some rough ones to go through barring ridiculous progress in the spring and fall. However, even in his poor outings he's just so much more athletic than Tevin that it's ok.

There were multiple plays in almost every game he played in where Tevin would have been sacked for a loss or no gain, and Vad turned it into a 3-5 yard gain.

Also, Vad will throw a few more interceptions but only because he's forcing it somewhere he shouldn't, not because he launched an arm-punt that a quadriplegic safety has time to get under. He's going to make a lot of plays that Tevin never could.

And honestly, I think one of the best things he does is that he's decisive. One of the things that Tevin did that frustrated me the most was failure to choose and go. At least when Vad picks wrong he still might break a tackle or make somebody miss with that 4.3-4.2 speed (lol).

Your memory is failing you. There were two games that Vad didn't get a first down due to misreads. He has a high upside, but inability to make a read and turnovers limit his potential. Those are things that could be fixed, but to assume that they will be is stupid.

Your memory is failing you. There were two games that Vad didn't get a first down due to misreads. He has a high upside, but inability to make a read and turnovers limit his potential. Those are things that could be fixed, but to assume that they will be is stupid.

Don't get me wrong, there were definitely plenty of plays he was in that were classic QB cluster ****s. We were spared several of them by CPJ recognizing it early and calling timeout before the snap. I think that in general unless the QB played a very similar offense in highschool, the pre and post snap reads are hard to learn at the college level. Vad will still look lost out there no doubt. I do think there is reason for hope though with the progress that he made during the course of the season.

Don't get me wrong, there were definitely plenty of plays he was in that were classic QB cluster ****s. We were spared several of them by CPJ recognizing it early and calling timeout before the snap. I think that in general unless the QB played a very similar offense in highschool, the pre and post snap reads are hard to learn at the college level. Vad will still look lost out there no doubt. I do think there is reason for hope though with the progress that he made during the course of the season.

I just hope we don't schedule a Virginia Tech for the first game and give him some time to work through the issues. With spring and fall camps, I have hope, I'm just not completely sold that he's the answer.

I love to read and re read and read again those saying its all the HC responsibility. OK, yes it is true, we all know it, why do you have to post it in every thread. I swear some of you must wad up pictures of PJ and stuff them up your butt for fun....

Close but yet so far away....

The team is finally experienced. CPJ has had plenty of years to recruit his players. We have a true dual-threat QB. We've been in a circle-jerk of mediocrity since 2009 ended.

If we don't win at least 8 this year. . . it is absolutely time to hit the reset button. F* the schedule. The bottom-line is all that matters at this point.

The team is finally experienced. CPJ has had plenty of years to recruit his players. We have a true dual-threat QB. We've been in a circle-jerk of mediocrity since 2009 ended.

If we don't win at least 8 this year. . . it is absolutely time to hit the reset button. F* the schedule. The bottom-line is all that matters at this point.

get ready to hit that button in november

Yes, but there were 14 games where Tevin didn't get a first down because of misreads/ineptitude/lack of athleticism. And I highly suspect the 2 games you're referring to, the kid only played in 2 or 3 series (because that was the majority of games).

So when is the actual no-öööö schedule supposed to come out?

So when is the actual no-öööö schedule supposed to come out?

Apparently we're waiting on Syracuse to get their öööö together OOC before the official ACC schedule can be released. Who invited those no talent ass-clowns again?

Back