Transfer Portal Central

malak05

Varsity Lurker
Would be happy with either of those two O-line men most definitely will compete immediately for a starting spot and much better transfer players then Southers was coming into this year.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Don't we have a couple targets up there too? That place must be turning out some good ones. Sounds like we need a pipeline up to Brentwood.
Within the last few years Brentwood Academy has also turned out Jalen Ramsey (Rams), Derek Barnett (Eagles) and Dawson Knox (Bills). Tennessee does not have the talent that Georgia does but what they have tends to be concentrated in the private schools around Nashville and Chattanooga. That should make the recruiting more efficient. They also have much better academics than the public achools.

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
Think of the errant throws to open receivers this year that would've made a difference behind a worse OL than we'll have next year. An accurate QB with experience would significantly increase our production for next year and help bridge to younger guys. Although we may lose somebody like Yates if that happens. Gleason I expect may redshirt unless he comes in as a straight baller.
With better passing we would’ve beat the Citadel and had a great shot of beating UVA and Pitt imo

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Holy crap. Check out some of the quotes from players after the Ole Miss HC firing. Brutal.
Towards the AD and the fans.
https://247sports.com/college/ole-m...Sunday-meeting-with-AD-Keith-Carter-139640304
This is a cautionary tale. One more year would have established a meaningful trend, and I think the players would have accepted it if the record did not show improvement. Three years, including an interim period, shows nothing.

Here, I'd rather keep the players than the Dec 2007 fans, but that is just me.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We need some big OL and DL grad transfers. Go get them

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Would be happy with either of those two O-line men most definitely will compete immediately for a starting spot and much better transfer players then Southers was coming into this year.
Why not both? :fingersx:

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
correct, and we can go over 25 with early enrolees. I predict we sign 26 and get 3 or 4 transfers.
we need to make room on the 85 limit to do that. we currently have 14 scholarships to give. to sign 26 and take 3-4 transfers, we'll need 15-16 current players to leave the program.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
we need to make room on the 85 limit to do that. we currently have 14 scholarships to give. to sign 26 and take 3-4 transfers, we'll need 15-16 current players to leave the program.
Ahh. I hadn't done the math in a while. I have been expecting attrition of 12 or so but I hadn't factored in the injured guys who redshirted and may come back.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
It seems they expect 10 more to leave or lose schollys.

Did you include Nazir as transferred?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Yeah I expect we'll lose at least 10, probably more. Nazir and Ajani Kerr (graduating as a rJr) are two of them. But Cooper and Lee are coming back.

There is usually a wave of transfers coming up soon amd then another after Spring ball.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Yeah I expect we'll lose at least 10, probably more. Nazir and Ajani Kerr (graduating as a rJr) are two of them. But Cooper and Lee are coming back.

There is usually a wave of transfers coming up soon amd then another after Spring ball.
I hope Cooper and Lee come back. I think they will if healthy, but those were pretty serious injuries