Transfers heating up...as needed

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Good luck to him. That is probably our deepest group other than running backs and we are heavily recruiting CBs for 2020.

Also, Kelly got scooped again...

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Actually the young lady UGA grad that works for the Athletic.
Yeah she is probably the best reporter we have right now, due respect to Ken.

Note the subtle way that KQ gives Tori credit for the scoop, but implies that it was only valid once *he* confirmed it.

Last edited:

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I don't know how we can keep adding guys to this class. How many departures is CGC expecting here?

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
I don't know how we can keep adding guys to this class. How many departures is CGC expecting here?
Didn't we hire some Director of Roster Management or some such? I'm sure he'll earn his keep and we'll be seeing grayshirts, blueshirts, etc just like at Bama.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
The 2019 or 2020? We are plus 2 for this year, so we only need 2 more to hit 85 for this season. I expect more.

14 will graduate next year, but we want to sign a class of at least 20, so at least half a dozen more at some point. It is oversigning, but it is fairly conservative oversigning based on our usual attrition.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
The 2019 or 2020? We are plus 2 for this year, so we only need 2 more to hit 85 for this season. I expect more.

14 will graduate next year, but we want to sign a class of at least 20, so at least half a dozen more at some point. It is oversigning, but it is fairly conservative oversigning based on our usual attrition.
Thank you - getting my years mixed up

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Jeezus we lose plenty more on average every year than the supposed 3 we will have “over the limit”.

I hope CGC is as good as getting the number down as CCG & CPJ were.

Seems like some ( not saying Scion) won’t be happy until we handicap ourselves further with a 75 to 80 player roster.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
We finally have a coach who knows how to play the game that the corrupt NCAA has evolved in to. I hate what college sports has become but I’m happy we finally will be bringing a gun to a gun fight. The transfer portal is just the newest tumor the corrupt NCAA has allowed to grow. And no one is being forced out of GT. These players are making a personal decision to not sit the bench.