Trick plays?

GT98

Dodd-Like
Reading through the running backs thread got me to thinking about whether or not we will occasionally use a trick play or two this year. I am not necessarily thinking of a fake punt, but more along the lines of having Suggs, Bilbo and J. Smith on the field at the same time (J. Smith played some QB in HS). Lining up Bilbo and/or Smith in the backfield presents some interesting options for O'brien.

Will we see any trick plays this year?

uzi.gif

I think maybe. BOB has been known to throw a kink into a game plan every now and then. But I wouldn't look for it too soon. Usually coaches like to save them for the bigger games(e.g. Seattle Bowl final TD, Gaotr Bowl where Joe caught a TD).

I do expect a fair amount of reverses, double reverses, and flea flickers throughout the season. Just a couple of each, just let the other teams know we've got it in us.

I agree. I would think that we won't show too much of this type thing in the first couple of games. I would think that we will want to mix some situational subbing of Bilbo into our gameplan so that we provide more preperation issues for our opponents.

I hope it does make it in for the game plan for some of our big road games as well as FSU.

Back