Troy coach out

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
If you haven’t choked a CFO, you probably don’t know.
You know what I mean though.... Too many guys commenting on the buyout like: "well MY finances are in order. GT's are not, so they're in a hole."

You never had a wife that wanted new kitchen tile, or vinyl siding, or wtf ever that you couldn't afford, but you did it anyway for the you know what? Come on boys, stop lying.

Kevin Thomas

A country boy can survive!
Specifically talking about the "I have heard they have scheduled a meeting" statement.
That is correct. Why would I lie about that? You question my credibility based on what? I'm a diehard fan, not a big money donor but I know a few that are. That is what I've heard and was just passing it along. I'm not 100 percent sure it is scheduled for next Monday but have heard one is scheduled. Why do you doubt this? Did you think he wouldn't have to answer to these guys after what happened Saturday?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I wasn’t talking about a chicken. I can understand how you got confused though. You’re precious.
Are you thinking about me and rubbing your crotch. I don't mind, you know, if you are a bit turned on by me.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Ok never was, I've been a Tech fan for 40 years and know a few personally. But yeah I know nothing. Btw, go öööö yourself.
Ask them where that money was when we were hiring coordinators. Or if they don't want to fire Collins yet if they'll put some of that money into the new staff.

I wonder if the big money doners just really prefer spending their money on paying people to not coach instead of actually coaching. We're certainly better than most schools at doing it after all.

Kevin Thomas

A country boy can survive!
Ask them where that money was when we were hiring coordinators. Or if they don't want to fire Collins yet if they'll put some of that money into the new staff.

I wonder if the big money doners just really prefer spending their money on paying people to not coach instead of actually coaching. We're certainly better than most schools at doing it after all.
I'm not asking them öööö. That is between them and Collins. It was implied that as long as he is willing to get rid of them they will put money in to get better coordinators. My point is, where do people think the money comes from to hire any of these coaches? It surely doesn't all come from our piddling budget. Not directly anyway. The money made from ticket sales, especially this year ain't enough to cover other operational cost and coaches salaries. The bigger money donors subsidize when it is needed and if they agree with the moves being made. They don't have to donate anything if they are not on board with whatever move is proposed obviously.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
I think a lot of folks are staring to look at lost revenue and the cost of keeping coaches these days. We have seen how easily a stadium can go from full to empty.
A good finance guy will maneuver the money around to pay for the buyout if the return makes sense. A portion of the $125M we raised has already been used for current operations. More can be and we’d just take on more debt to cover the capital requirements. I’m sure some portion of the donations were earmarked specifically, but I’m sure if you asked the larger donors if they’re ok with taking some of their money and reallocating it to buy out this stooge, they’ll gladly acquiesce. If not today, ok, but come Saturday by about 1pm they will have seen enough. It’s not if it’s happening, it’s when. The longer you let the cancer go untreated the worse your prognosis.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
So you want to take money earmarked for R&D on government contracts to fire a football coach. Is that even lawful or are you trying to get Tech folks put in jail?
Or just destroy the Institute in an attempt to play the footbawl. I didn't even attend GT, but the academic endowment and research funds should never go to sportsball

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Not scientific, but since there is no football this week, here goes. There are probably a dozen current head coaches thinking about moving from where they are. Not great coaches, but better than what we have now. Throw in another capable 40 coordinators and assistants looking to make an upwardly mobile change. A few more that are going to be unemployed when their present head coach is axed. We need to better our coaching staff now. I would say there are dozens Dave Doerens or Clawsons out there that could improve our lot. Schedule some interviews.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
So you want to take money earmarked for R&D on government contracts to fire a football coach. Is that even lawful or are you trying to get Tech folks put in jail?
His plan isn't even half as ghetto as some of the öööö the Chinese profs at GT pull tbh

I say go for it

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Better for the money to go to our football program than to subsidize the CCP so they can attack us.
Well they won’t target Bobby Dodd so we’re all safe. Collins damn near ran everybody out & the Chicom’s are probably wondering why there’s 22 guys and a few zebras surrounded by 35-40k empty seats every Saturday in the middle of a huge city.

gambler

Went all in with 80k
Some of you guys do have a point about this money thing. Right now it's virtually free to borrow and with inflation going up, 10mil in 3 years will be like 100k today.

Call Jerome Powell, I hear he's churning out the shekels like it's PEZ candies.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
That is correct. Why would I lie about that? You question my credibility based on what? I'm a diehard fan, not a big money donor but I know a few that are. That is what I've heard and was just passing it along. I'm not 100 percent sure it is scheduled for next Monday but have heard one is scheduled. Why do you doubt this? Did you think he wouldn't have to answer to these guys after what happened Saturday?
Another sleeper alt.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I agree. If we are truly that strapped for cash, then shame on us for not moving to the B1G for financial security with Maryland.

For those who say they didn’t want to watch us play Midwest teams, it appears by our attendance that you don’t want to watch us play southeast teams too!
Did we actually have an invite to the B1G? There's no way we wouldve stayed in the ACC with a chance to double our annual budget instantly.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Did we actually have an invite to the B1G? There's no way we wouldve stayed in the ACC with a chance to double our annual budget instantly.
I think if we approached them with UVA or UNC they’d have jumped at the opportunity.