trust me folks MR is a

Richt still has three years left on his contract. It appears that Nebraska is gonna kick Solich to the curb asap.

The Nebraska job might be good for a fistful of conference championships and a NC.

Originally posted by yellowfalcon56:
Richt still has three years left on his contract. It appears that Nebraska is gonna kick Solich to the curb asap.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Since when has that stopped a coach from leaving... remember a guy named O'Leary? If Nebraska wants him they will pay off his "leaving early" penalty in his contract.

He'll be on the short list for just about ANY open job this winter, be it F$U, Nebraska, Tex A&M, etc, etc.

That said, I don't think he'll leave Georgia for anywhere by F$U. On the other hand, Nebraska would be very tempting, I'm sure.

Just a comment which has to do with subject of contracts and hirings. I really am not concerned with Richt and where he coaches to be honest with anyone. Think he's a fine man. Think he's done a great job at Ugaggly, who we want to beat the crap out of. Other than Richt's ties to this team that deserves a serious beyond universal butt whoop'n, I really don't care where he coaches. That's just my opinion. I care about GT and how we do on the field of battle. That's a heck of a lot more important than how our rivals play.

Ok, on this contract or any contract in which fans always bring up the all mighty payouts, I don't feel they mean a hill of beans. Big time programs can afford to buy out any contract that's out there. If someone wants to hire someone they'll do it regardless of the contract.

I'm not saying this is right. Just saying that I believe that's the way it is.

With that being said this is the beginning of the biggest week of our entire lives. ;-) hehe. Is it really? Probably not, but for the moment it's awesome. Let's get to it with a week of THANKSGIVING and beating the puppies twice.

GO JACKETS!

From footballscoop.com:

Florida State Scoop: Sources indicate that if FSU doesn't perform well in the last few games, Bobby Bowden will step down as head coach. Rumor has it that FSU has already contacted UGA head coach, Mark Richt, as the replacement

I've stated before that I believe this is Bobby's last year - as the Seminholes continue to slide, recruiting will suffer as rumours whether true or not circulate as to WHEN Bobby will retire. Richt is a proven success at a school with very high expectations- more so than Amato or Bowden.

Never met a rumour I didn't like!
blue.gif

Richt leaving UGAg would be huge as far as the effect on their recruiting. How many verbals would switch and go with him to F$U, especially So Georgia players???

You gotta love an efficient market economy?

That MR might possibly switch from UGa to FSU is joyful to Jacket fans is beyond curious. Last I checked he's a great HC and both teams are on the schedule permanently. Oh did I mention we have trouble beating them both?

Is it not a wash at best?

The way I see it, we're closer to FSU now that ever. Why would we want FSU -- who is a MORE IMPORTANT OPPONENT -- to make improvements?

Unless a few weeks of dawg fan agony is what gets your blood pumping.

YAWN.

I have to deal UGA folks, and see all their closet fans and toothless mamas pull out their 20 year old UGA rags and start wearing that stuff all over Atlanta because of Richt. You have to get the state under control before you worry about FSU. Right now I don't give the tiniest damn about FSU. But we should win in BB this week, with a real good shot to win in FB. UGA is vastly overrated with squeaker wins over sub-par SEC teams. If we win in FB, you'll see all that UGA crap dissapear faster than you can blink.

Back