TStan’s Job Should Be In Question Also…

We won the ACC last year in basketball and nobody wanted this Football job. He’s raising money. I have no personal connection to TStan but I feel like everyone who calls fro his head on this board has zero strategic management experience. Like, zero. No facts line up with what you guys say.
Just look at the contract he signed for Collins. Nuff said.

No. Moron post. Stansbury is light years and galaxies apart from the no talent *** clown that was Mike Bobinski, aka Bobinsquatch. You stay far away from the GTAA if your leadership judgement is that terrible. For once -- FINALLY -- it looks like the right person is AD and President. So keep your hot takes to where they're most warranted: defensive assistant coaches.
Cabrera is critical. Why do you think he's right in ref to football? I've heard him speak, but no real indication, good or bad, as to commitment to athletics. Imo, this is the level it takes in the long run to have any chance of success. I for one hope he is at the meeting Sunday with the donors and TStan, whether it's publicized or not.

Word is the Donors who wanted to buy out Geoff Collins, will buy out the AD and Geoff Collins next year if they do not show improvement. We shall see!

What's his buyout?
3.75M.... is the buyout...Interesting to note that his salary is 650K becuase he left Oregon State and had to repay some of his salary...

Georgia Tech restructured Stansbury’s contract and provided him with a loan in order to satisfy the Oregon State buyout debt. Stansbury’s salary was reduced from $937,500 to $650,000 through the 2025-26 school year, the remainder going toward the buyout loan.

Why are we saying no one wanted the football job? Like are we saying that no one wanted the task of the transition? Or no one wanted the money? I don’t buy it.
regardless we’ve shown we can recruit here.
We aren't saying that no one else wanted the job. Just some people who want to justify keeping a terrible coach are the only ones saying that.

First off there's no way an assistant isn't taking HC money. Secondly, I am yet to see where Jeff Monken was offered the job and said no. People who wanted this guy remember our success with O'Leary and were impressed that he was a sitting head coach. Those are the people who say "no one else wanted the job." Its a dumb and lazy cop-out.

We aren't saying that no one else wanted the job. Just some people who want to justify keeping a terrible coach are the only ones saying that.

First off there's no way an assistant isn't taking HC money. Secondly, I am yet to see where Jeff Monken was offered the job and said no. People who wanted this guy remember our success with O'Leary and were impressed that he was a sitting head coach. Those are the people who say "no one else wanted the job." Its a dumb and lazy cop-out.
100% Spot On!

I mean, Whisenhunt said no, Elliott took himself out of consideration, Norvell didn't even want an interview. Believe what you want, but it was viewed as a very tough job. I am sure there are coaches who would have taken it, but y'all would hate them too.

I mean, Whisenhunt said no, Elliott took himself out of consideration, Norvell didn't even want an interview. Believe what you want, but it was viewed as a very tough job. I am sure there are coaches who would have taken it, but y'all would hate them too.
Sure some coaches weren't interested. That's to be expected. If TStan hired Collins out of desperation because he got 3 "No's" then that speaks very poorly of his hiring ability. Pretty sure bama got several "No's" before settling for a failed NFL coach. No idea why anyone thought Whisenhunt would be good he got fired from the Titans and was a terrible HC there. Again look at a Sam Pittman hire. Perhaps promoting Brent Key to HC is something to consider once Collins is fired or resigns next season.

3.75M.... is the buyout...Interesting to note that his salary is 650K becuase he left Oregon State and had to repay some of his salary...

Georgia Tech restructured Stansbury’s contract and provided him with a loan in order to satisfy the Oregon State buyout debt. Stansbury’s salary was reduced from $937,500 to $650,000 through the 2025-26 school year, the remainder going toward the buyout loan.

Deadbeat AD who can't even pay his own debts saddles GT football with a 7 year contract with a joke of a coach who had a mediocre record at.... Temple. Unbelievable. Fire them both.

Back