TSTAN is a deadbeat

It is really quite incredible how we are unable to have any form of positive momentum in our athletics department. With every step forward (great signing day) we have a black eye like this shortly after. So frustrating.
I don’t think that’s the case. This is a personal issue for Todd. He’s getting sued. Not us. It really has nothing to do with Tech other than he works here. He breached the contract.

I don’t think that’s the case. This is a personal issue for Todd. He’s getting sued. Not us. It really has nothing to do with Tech other than he works here. He breached the contract.
And it is a distraction. Just like our BB coach has been a distraction.

Withholding judgment until I hear Stansbury's side of this. Could be a legal dispute over interpretation of the contract. This is almost certainly not someone just forgetting to pay their bills.

I think both parties would've preferred this to not get to this public point, so there must be a dispute over the terms.

I disagree. It’s a total black eye for us when the AD is getting sued for defaulting on paying his buyout. If Kirby were getting sued we’d be all over him. Pastners civil suit was equally ugly for us even though it turned into nothing. The whole GTAA is a öööö show.

A16BC1B7-1831-4164-A90E-C7DEBC2A89D8.jpeg

found a game I think ST members would be good at

The good news is we know he wants to be here if he was willing to take on a $2mil buyout clause to take the job.

More than likely there is a disagreement between the two parties over how the payments are being applied. ADTS probably feels like it should be reducing the principal more rapidly while OSU is applying more to interest. There may be enough ambiguity in the contract that he stopped payments to force a settlement of this issue.

1) I'm not sure how this is embarrassing for GT or even TStan. Contract disputes happen all the time. They are boring, expected and normal in society and sports world. What could be the criticism of Kirby if this happened to him? So until another shoe drops, I don't see the issue. If there is some bad reason that he can't pay then that could be embarrassing.

2) The Pastner stuff was embarrassing from day one because it at a minimum showed bad judgement on his part. The guy was clearly a scum bag and awful person so we had to worry about how much of his dirt Pastner was involved in or knew about or how much happened at Tech but there was a time there when it looked like all the blame was going to end up on the crazy guy until our 2 players took that trip to his house. That sealed the deal that it would always be a black mark on Pastner and GT.

3) I have no idea why GT fans rush to get embarrassed by stuff that happens everywhere that don't embarrass other fan bases. It is a weird tic. 99 out of 100 programs would have supported D-Rad through his issue and not basically ran him out of town.

4) If you care about having a successful football program, then you should be all in on TStan. Your faith and support in him should be blind and religious in nature (only half kidding). Being a Tech man, he will get more support from the Admin and boosters than most and will be allowed to do what is needed to have a good program.

5) So in summary: OSU is a dirty, broke-ass program that is trying to make our man look bad.

yes but thats why his salary at gt was a ridiculous raise. It was to cover what he owed in payments vs fully up front with gtaa cash.

sounds like he got greedy and stopped paying.
I like how Tech not only overpaid for his salary but also through such a mechanism are basically eating the interest on TStan’s loan on top of it.

GTAA is an embarrassment to a school with the prestige of Tech academics.

Last edited:
What a bunch of left coast, Blame America First aholes claim has nothing to do with GT or Todd.

I don’t believe for a millisecond that Todd did anything wrong in this situation.

The nutjobs in Oregone are probably trying to scam a way to come up with more money to give to Illegals and politicians to take away people’s Bill of Rights freedoms.

Hope they drop in the ocean.

What a bunch of left coast, Blame America First aholes claim has nothing to do with GT or Todd.

I don’t believe for a millisecond that Todd did anything wrong in this situation.

The nutjobs in Oregone are probably trying to scam a way to come up with more money to give to Illegals and politicians to take away people’s Bill of Rights freedoms.

Hope they drop in the ocean.

ok-boomhauer.png

I wish that I wished I cared but I don't. If this "issue" ever costs us any recruits, I'll kill all of you and then myself. Until then, steal as much money from the OSUs as you possibly can, Todd. It doesn't matter.
You can't kill me if I beat you to it

I wouldnt overreact. Hopefully it gets settled/restructured or whatever quickly.

Back