Two Tix Packages Being Offered

Axe

Flats Noob
The reason the GTAA did this, is they can guarantee sell-outs to UNC and Maryland, by putting the UGA tickets in there. Let's face it, even in our best years we would still have 1,000 or 2,000 empty seats for UNC and Maryland. That would mean this year we would have about 15,000 unsold tickets for each of those games. Under the current plan, those games are sell-outs. The GTAA can sell-out UGA no matter what. Now they have 3 sure sell-outs.

It is also likely that Clemson and Auburn fans will buy the other package, helping to sell-out NCSU for sure. Even though NCSU is homecoming, a sell-out would have been doubtful. We were a couple thousand short for UVA this past year.

I don't like the way the GTAA has markted these packages. I think they should have made a big drive to sell these to season-ticket holders, then non season-ticket alums, and finally the general public. However, it would be irresponsible from a business standpoint for the GTAA not to take advantage of the chance to sell 30,000 tickets to UNC and Maryland so that they could keep tickets out of Bulldog hands. It is up to non-season ticket holding GT fans to buy a lot of the packages.

Axe - agree but the way is what's not right. How simple was it to think of the process and how it should be done ... we thought of it!

I agree MsTech,

There is no doubt that the passion for the program does not exist in the Edge like it does here.

I remember back in '96 we had folks from the ticket office in local malls pushing season tickets. That isn't happening today. They need to get a recent Tech grad like Swarmee in there. We need some passion.

Originally posted by Axe:
I agree MsTech,

There is no doubt that the passion for the program does not exist in the Edge like it does here.

I remember back in '96 we had folks from the ticket office in local malls pushing season tickets. That isn't happening today. They need to get a recent Tech grad like Swarmee in there. We need some passion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Axe - your comment on the Passion in the Edge was discussed in my home a couple of weeks ago by Tech Grads! To a fault they made that comment about what you state here. The discussion was having to do with all facets of the Edge - in every dept. That should not have to be but I'm afraid you're right and that's a killer and they need MORE THEN ONE GRAD!

Okay, I just called the GT Tix Office to get this information straight. I don't know if anyone mentioned this but here it is. I did not know this until now -there are (2) mini Tix Packages for football.

If you are a season tix holder you can buy them now by calling the Tix Office. Both packages will go on sale to the general public - 7/1/03!

The first package is $97 each and it includes:
Auburn, Clemson and NC State.

The second package is $89 each and it includes:
NC, Maryland and UGAG.

I made mention that a lot of us did not know about this. They told me that at the "reseating" there was a table set up with this info and it also included info on away games and parking passes. I asked why we weren't communicated to about this before we went to reseating or by mass email - you don't have to pay for stamps and mailing by email!

I did not even go over to that table as I was taking time off from work to get this done. I asked why such an important extra tix situation would not have gotten more attention/communication to us? Marketing was the decision maker and I asked why didn't Marketing ask the fan who goes to these games what THEY THINK AND WOULD LIKE?

I told them that UGAG should be sold by itself to existing Season Tix Holders first. Let us know how many you have and that I couldn't imagine we wouldn't buy a substantial additional amount before put on sale to the general public.

At least make it less for the enemy to have and give our football team an opportunity to have their fans be in the majority! Even the other games could have been sold to us separately first. I would have gotten a couple extra for NC State and Clemson - fill the seats with GT fans first. If you have any leftover then go to the general public or in this case those other fans.

I also got the impression that there are a lot to sell because of some comments that were made. They sold 6% fewer season tix based on last year's amount and last year's stadium was smaller. Many more tix available with that 6% and the additional seats.

The person I spoke with was exceptionally nice and had nothing to do with this but I am emailing Dave Braine and Scott McLaren. It was a marketing thing but somehow or other ... there had to be a better way to get us to buy those games on a single game basis first through 7/1/03. Give us the opportunity to get GT fans there.

This is so important in every season but I'm baffled by how they do things and approve them without thinking of the consequences. Maybe we wouldn't buy all the extra tix but I know we (the fans) would buy our share!

Thanks for the info MsTech! I didn't know the 3 game packages were already available to season ticket holders. I've already heard from two ugag co-workers who plan on getting the package on 7/1 when it is released to the public.

My plan is to call today to get two UGA ticket packages. At least my parents' gold will be in front of my co-workers' red.

Originally posted by calderman420:
Thanks for the info MsTech! I didn't know the 3 game packages were already available to season ticket holders. I've already heard from two ugag co-workers who plan on getting the package on 7/1 when it is released to the public.

My plan is to call today to get two UGA ticket packages. At least my parents' gold will be in front of my co-workers' red.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Glad to help - I hope others see this and do what they can - I have bought two as well and will bring friends who are GT supporters.

Back