UCF Fan’s Perspective - Week 2

I know the usual mindset is that we want teams that beat us to do well to make us look better...
But UCF is quickly becoming second to Georgia in the most annoying fans list, and I'm just happy Tulsa lowered them down a peg.
The look better issue is at least one year away. Their offense is less effective if they do not have a ref crew assisting them against an out of conference opponent.

Actually, it shows what competent referees can do. UCF came into our game like they knew holding wouldn't be called, and they were correct. Multiple times when plays were to the UCF sideline, UCF ran a fresh player in and the snap wasn't held up for GT to sub because the referees were in such a hurry to help UCF get a quick snap off. Multiple times two receivers were moving for UCF, without getting set, as the ball was snapped. Start calling those calls, we have a different game.
UCF had 18 penalties yesterday.
They are an undisciplined team that was allowed to play playground rules. My only complaint with our staff is we didn't follow suit and play the same game with the refs.

My lasting memory of the Tech/ucf game will be that play with their QB tossing a 30 yard completion from their goal line. As their RT is laying on the ground. Grabbing the back of our DEs jersey. As he reaches for their QB. With the back judge staring right at it. With his hands on his hips. 9mins left in the 2nd.

Last edited:
My lasting memory of the Tech/ucf game will be that play with their QB tossing a 30 yard completion from their goal line. As their RT is laying on the ground. Grabbing the back of our DEs jersey. As he reaches for their QB. With the back judge staring right at it. With his hands on his hips. 9mins left in the 2nd.
I will remember the non call PI at the NW end zone that would have given us first and goal.

Back