UCLA to the ACC??

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
No worse than when the Braves and the Dodgers when they were in the same division. Or 49’ers and Falcons. They could bring USC and Stanford, that would almost force ND to be a full time member.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I’m on year 7 of waiting for us to join the Big 10.

We’re not giving the bear back. Get over it.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
No worse than when the Braves and the Dodgers when they were in the same division. Or 49’ers and Falcons. They could bring USC and Stanford, that would almost force ND to be a full time member.
the Braves being in the West was the greatest thing ever.. all those 10pm start times were glorious for those of us that don't go to bed with the chickens.. I miss those days.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
In a few short years, the state of commiefornia will no longer have any NCAA eligible teams.

In their left coast wisdom, their senate has overwhelmingly passed absurdly egregious legislation to compensate athletes for “use of image” (or whatever the term is). The NCAA has written several high ranking state senators to tell them of the potential consequences if this becomes law. It still must go thru several committees but I think we know how this “state” works these days.

They plan to impose this by 2023. Will not be surprised if the washington and oregon trash follow the lead.

It will apply to Stanford as well, so we might not lose any more recruits to them in the future :).

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
In a few short years, the state of commiefornia will no longer have any NCAA eligible teams.

In their left coast wisdom, their senate has overwhelmingly passed absurdly egregious legislation to compensate athletes for “use of image” (or whatever the term is). The NCAA has written several high ranking state senators to tell them of the potential consequences if this becomes law. It still must go thru several committees but I think we know how this “state” works these days.

They plan to impose this by 2023. Will not be surprised if the washington and oregon trash follow the lead.

It will apply to Stanford as well, so we might not lose any more recruits to them in the future :).
NCAA will cave.

G776T

Not pastor material.
Which means all the other conferences will cave to the Pee 12?

Really. I don’t think they have that kind of influence.
You think the other conferences give a öööö about kids making money off their likeness?

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Which means all the other conferences will cave to the Pee 12?

Really. I don’t think they have that kind of influence.
You seen California and New York debanking folks who don't agree with them. Besides, they don't even have to show that card, let alone play it. The school presidents everywhere are on that ideological team first and far above football. As soon as it becomes a "right side of history" issue en vogue, 99% of them will faint, and they make up the NCAA power, not the coaches or the players or the ADs.

You might... maybe... have a conference hold out like the SEC, threatening an NCAA split, but then they no longer get to keep beating down on the rest of the CFB world, which is the meaning of life for 99% of their fans. And the price tag isn't like they have to pay anyone anything, just let the players sign shoe deals.

It'll be over in a flash.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
We could maybe beat them in basketball

texstinger

Dodd-Like
You think the other conferences give a öööö about kids making money off their likeness?
You think the NCAA, perhaps, doesn’t?

You think the other conferences will let the p12 dictate this?

No doubt many here offended or giving merit to this also thought adding UConn was a great idea.

Last edited:

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I’m down to tailgate in Pasadena every other year. Let’s do this.