UF Should Leave SEC Because They Have Always Been The Black Sheep Of The Family..

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
Even before Spurrier, all the good ole boys of the SEC despised UF. They consider them a bunch of smart aleck beach boys or a bunch of snowbird yankees. I know, I've attended several UGA/UF games. On the flip side, UF would be a welcomed addition to the ACC, they would be treated with high esteem.

South Georgia Jacket

I disagree. Chalk the disagreements between UGA and UF fans up to rivalry, hoss.

They're very respected in the SEC, and always have been.

If anyone is disrepected and looked down upon in the SEC, it's that delusional bunch from up Columbia way.

Maybe UGA will come on board,now that President Adams has gotten rid of Coach Dooley.

It doesn't seem possible, but its fun to imagine UF or UGA in the ACC. Vandy and South Carolina are more realistic. This could get interesting!

Ain't no way Vandy would make it in. They don't bring any additional revenue to the table. South Carolina at least has potential.

Originally posted by Count_Iz_Van_Tileckie:
We could have some fun with the South Carolina fans. They're a loyal, crazy, delusional bunch.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya gotta love the Cocks!

Its very disconcerting to be in Williams Brice Stadium when SC scores a touchdown. This loud cock crow comes over the PA system. Their fans are loyal and deserve a winner. But they're always gonna have a hard time winning consistently in such a small state (nice state but...) with Clumpson.

From my acquaintances with South Carolina fans, it verifies your statements, they are loyal.

BellSouth consisted of a nine State region and South Carolina was one of the nine States. Atlanta was Headquarters. Headquarters was in the building just to the East of BDs. You could stand at the windows of the higher floors and look down into BDS.

One acquaintance from South Carolina was promoted to a fourth level management position in Atlanta. He brought about five of his close friends from South Carolina with him to Atlanta. They were all avid football fans.

They were a very good group of people, and I became friends with them because we all seemed to be on the same page with most of our traits. I talked football with them often.

South Carolina was at the bottom in football at that time, but they would travel back to South Carolina every weekend to see their team play. They told me they had the best fans anywhere, that they were all loyal, and they enjoyed going to the games whether they won or lost.

They said the South Carolina fans were a close knit group of fans.

smile.gif

Originally posted by SouthGa:
Even before Spurrier, all the good ole boys of the SEC despised UF. They consider them a bunch of smart aleck beach boys or a bunch of snowbird yankees. I know, I've attended several UGA/UF games. On the flip side, UF would be a welcomed addition to the ACC, they would be treated with high esteem.

South Georgia Jacket
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, that's reason enough to leave the SEC. i hope you're kidding because some of y'alls logic is seriously skewed.

SC is the next best most obvious choice. Former charter member. Rabid, supportive fanbase; potential in three major sports - football, bball, and baseball; location. I've heard the argument that there's still too much bad blood but with the expansion it's potentially a fresh start. And no penalty!

Back