Uga doing uga things

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
In a perfect world, the mutts would be SMUed for this but alas, nothing will come of it. I hope I'm wrong.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
what's the old adage, the ncaa is going to get so mad at georgia they'll put kentucky on probation?

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Bill Curry had an interesting quote about the recruitment of Herschel Walker and as a new coach naively going into the Walker home believing he could convince them of the benefits of a Georgia Tech education. Curry never comes right out and says it, but the hint there is that you really needed a bit "extra" to get him. Not that he would have come to GT at that time anyway. We were in shambles.

Rumors at the time were both Clemson and UGAg were in a bidding war for him. Supposedly, Clemson paid for the house.
UGa assistant Mike Cavan bought a house in Wrightsville so he could recruit Herschel on a daily basis.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA is corrupt. “College” football has become as illegitimate and soap opera scripted as professional wrestling. The same teams end up in the college football playoff year after year after year, not because of good coaching or because of good, honest recruiting practices—- but because they are allowed to pay players and operate on a completely unfair playing level relative the remainder of colleges. Even the officiating in games has become increasingly bogus. It is designed to favor The Factories and avoid any possibility of an upset which could result in a college that can’t bring hundreds of thousands of fans, half of which have no affiliation with “their team” whatsoever to a bowl, and get millions more to tune in on television an opportunity in the CFB playoffs—- all in the name of $$$. I’m ready to turn college football off just like I don’t watch the NFL. The Braves make for fun entertainment.

Last edited:

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
UGa assistant Mike Cavan bought a house in Wrightsville so he could recruit Herschel on a daily basis.
I met a block mason in 1994 on one of my projects who swore he got a call from a builder who wanted him to lay the foundation for a new house in Wrightsville right after Herschel announced his intention to play for the dwags.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

Did he mention anything about soundproof rooms or gurney-accessible ramps?
I never owned a house in Wrightsville. I deny ever owning such a house with a soundproof room which may be construed as a sex dungeon

The Jacket

The Coat
I never owned a house in Wrightsville. I deny ever owning such a house with a soundproof room which may be construed as a sex dungeon
You didn't properly secure one of your victims. You know the one.

But I did. And you're welcome/you owe me.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
You didn't properly secure one of your victims. You know the one.

But I did. And you're welcome/you owe me.
Which one of you is Zed, and which one is Maynard?
0F213956-45EF-4ECE-AAB4-2F45EDA450F4.jpeg

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I think in Wrightsville you would have an ample supply of both Zed's and Maynards. And there is a hearty gimp population in Athens.