UGA Has Not Dominated Anybody Worth A...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
crap. They beat AUB and Ole Miss by 3 and 14 points which is nothing Tech could not have done. UGA has struggled with some mediocre teams like CLEM and SC. The difference between UGA and Tech this year is Tech lost those close games that could have gone either way and UGA found a way to win them. If the Tech team that beat NC ST shows up in Athens, the game should be a toss up. IF UGA struggled against Auburn's D, they will struggle against ours. Can you imagine UGA up by one, 90 seconds to go, and Suggs has one more opportunity to lead Tech to a last possession victory. You've got to admit, the odds are on his side, he's 0 for 3. I personally do not expect a blow out.

South Georgia Jacket

Tech hasn't exactly been beating the upper tier of college football. I believe the SEC is having their 2nd consecutive down year, but the ACC ain't been good either the past two years.

To say that we will beat UGA because they haven't played anybody great is like the pot calling the kettle black.

However, I do believe that they are not nearly as superior to us as they believe. The fact of the matter is that they usually have better talent (on paper) than we do every year but that hasn't stopped us from beating them 3 of the past 4.

Talent only gets you so far. Execution gets you the wins. That is what we will need on the 30th.

I understand what most people are saying about the team that beat NC State, but we'll have to play a bit different. The defense was superb. the offense did great. But we may need to step it up a bit against the mutts.

Yes, we did struggle with mediocre Clemson team in our first game of the season; the same mediocre Clemson team that beat Tech. Also, what makes you think that Tech's defense is as strong or stronger than Auburn's?

I already respect Tech's D. I can assure you that the UGA coaches do, and I hope that reflects in the players.

thanks for the reasonable comeback JYD.

The thing that gives the Jackets hope if you look at the Clemson games is that we played them close there and you played them close in Athens.

So we think we can keep the game close. If we do that we have a chance to get lucky.

The problem is I cannot see Suggs leading us to a TD against their Pollock-led defense. Our D will keep it close till helf time and we may have a FG or just possibly a TD. In the second half they will make defensive adjustments and totally shut our O down and then wear our D down and score a couple of late TD's.

We do have a two game win streak going in Athens and if we somehow win, then Gailey has done a great job at 8-4 with all the injuries we have suffered. Our biggest issue is getting a decent performance from the QB position.

Historically, the favored team usually wins this game. I believe we were slight underdogs and won in 1998. Again if we win, Gailey will certainly quiet all his critics...including me.

We played Clemson in a rainstorm (monsoon), on the road, with a new QB, with new rb's, and with new coaching staff.

Also, Clemson did not miss two field goals when they played us.

Pollack is awesome, but they will not completely shut down our running game. Suggs will not have to win this game by himself.

Originally posted by junkyarddawg:
Yes, we did struggle with mediocre Clemson team in our first game of the season; the same mediocre Clemson team that beat Tech. Also, what makes you think that Tech's defense is as strong or stronger than Auburn's?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Can make a pretty good argument that GT's D is not the same D that played early in the season. It is a brand new system that's taken a good portion of the year to really get into form. The last three games the GT D has been really super. Played big time football against yes Duke.
shocked.gif
I realize the Dookies are not a power, but they've moved and scored on everyone this year except us. Against FSU our D played really well. Really gave up 14 points to the noles because the other 7 was INT for a TD. The noles aren't having a normal great year agreed, but they're a good football team. Ask Miami. The GT D played very well up at NCST. We sort of knocked them off their perch you might say. They haven't been the same since our D got a hold of them. Can make argument both ways that the Woofies aren't that good, but they haven't been the same since we played them. Nothing like bringing someone down to earth with some good ol fashion D.

The D that played Clemson is not the D you will face. This is a group of young men that understand and believe in scheme now. I have great respect of you guys and what you've done this year. When we keep thinking someone is going to beat you, you rise up to meet the challenge with the exception of FL. The AUB, TENN, BAMA, and FL D's are all good. I think you'll have more respect for the Jacket D come Nov 30th though. Maybe not more respect that your SEC Brothers, but more respect for our D than you do now. This bunch can really run and play the game.

Go Jackets!

Back