UGA's shadow, and its current chilling effect

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
UGA\'s shadow, and its current chilling effect

Let's imagine, just for discussion sake, what it would be like if there was no UGA football.........................................................................................................What a wonderful world it would be, yessssss s s s. We would be wrapping up an 8-4 season, and first year coach Chan Gailey would be the toast of the Atlanta Touchdown Club. The AJC would be running daily idol worship stories on Gailey and the other Golden Boys from Ga. Tech. Recruits from all over the state would be queueing up in hopes of landing one of those valued Ga. Tech football scholarships.
lightningzap.gif
O.K., WAKE UP!!!!
Unfortunately, our minor success this year is overwhelmingly shadowed by all things UGA. Better record, better coach, better stadium, better bowl, better ranking, better, better, BETTER. I know that I would not be so hard on Gailey and Suggs if UGA was struggling with a sub-par record. Things would appear much better at Tech if things didn't appear so damn perfect at UGA. No one likes being treated like a red-headed step child, and that is how Tech folks are being treated right now.
Guess what?...All this goes away if Tech beats UGA. Let me repeat that for those of you in the back of the class..ALL THIS GOES AWAY IF TECH BEATS UGA.
Of course, it will only get much, much worse if UGA wins.
Hey Gailey, here's to you and your staff! A win at UGA will do wonders for this Tech program. Don't screw the pooch.
BOO

Re: UGA\'s shadow, and its current chilling effect

A more appropriate reference would be the "Hive has been torched".

Back