Uh oh, UGa comes clean, admits no fraud by Tulane!

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
This comes after UGa sued Tulane for fraud. Do u get the feeling that there's way too many unemployed lawyers hanging around their program?
Tulane has maintained all along that they used the escape claus, that Ga insisted on putting into the contract, to back out of the 3 gm series @ Ga for a better deal. Why did the Dogs want this claus in the contract in the 1st place? Did they think they could get someone better to come to Athens & dump the Green Wave? And then they only get 1aa NW St & CUSA's UA-B.
Let's get this straight; Ga sues Tulane for using a claus that Ga wanted in the contract & says it's fraud. Then Ga spends 10s of thousands of dollars pursuing the lawsuit. Now, Ga admits that no fraud was involved & accepts $2,500 to go away & not hassle Tulane any more.
That's a real shrewd move on Ga's part.
Here's the article in the Macon Telegraph:

Dogs admit no fraud & go away for $2,500.

Ace:

UGAg appears to be in a total state of turmoil these days. The president and UGA Foundation seem to be at odds in terms of how donations are managed. The athletic association and sports fans are at odds with the administration. UGAg appears to be nothing more than pure bull$hit and politics. With respect to the legal suit, I think Tulane has maintained all along that it was a frivolous suit.

UGAg, the "Flagship" university... yea right!!! I don't see any other credible university ship in Georgia following the UGAg flagship these days. Academically, Emory and Tech seem to be leaving UGAg in a cloud of dust. If Adams has mismanaged UGAg university donations to the extent that he appears to have done... someone better be asking some hard questions about how he is spending state appropriated university money. Maybe the $2500 that UGAg received will buy an evening dinner for Adams and his wife.

You don't know how glad and relieved I am that my youngest daughter is going to Tech.

BuzzB

That is a CLASSLESS crew over in Athens - just purely a football factory - all brawn and no brains!!

Back