Unable to start a poll.

luckyjacket

Varsity Lurker
I tried, but was not allowed. Oh well, here is my unofficial poll: Based on the information you have today, what is your opinion:

1) No changes. Lets try to plow through this with everyone on board.

2) Fire enthusiastically Dave Braine, and give whats his name (our head football coach) a chance without said AD.

3) Send both Braine and Brainer,(head coach), out of town, at least out of Tech with no further embarressment to the family.

Rules of informal poll: Please choose 1,2 or 3, or an alternative answer if you like. Feel free to add commentary on any response given.

Lucky Jacket's response: (2) for now. I will give him a year without Braine, and his folly. I believe Chan is absolutely pissed off with what has transpired, and feels like a dumbass being associated with Braine. I hope so anyway.

Myself, I do not like CG as head coach of TECH. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. However, If all of this propaganda is true meaning, he had no control over class attendance, test grades, bla bla bla, he had his hand tied from the beginning. My question is what are the future plans for TECH in the NCAA. If all of this crap is true then it will effect all athletics at TECH eventually. I'm not against one or two players to be let go because of academics but IMO to have a legitimate contending team in the ACC year in and year out, you have to have some athletic majors. What I mean is, I went to Western Carolina and I would say most of the players of all sports were sociology majors. I'm not saying go to that but TECH is (when it comes to academics) in the top 20 in the nation when it comes to colleges. Athletes are not known for there SAT scores or there GPA, they are known for what they do on the court or field. I just hope we get answers and they are beneficial for the future of all GEORGIA TECH.

2. I think Braine is the real problem here and he should be put on notice or fired out right. If on notice he must be made to understand the importance of a d1 team and put appropriate measures in place to assure the continued success of Tech football.

Thanks smack for your reply, but as a Tech grad and 3 letter years, I do not want Tech to teach less to our SA's. I just want them to have an advantage that will allow them to excel at both books and athletics.

I do NOT want to see jock majors at Tech.

So what is your response to the poll: My guess is #2.

I understand and agree with your opinion lucky. However, the way the world and sports operate today is a double edged sword. TECH is by far one of the best institutions in the world. But if you want to be good, even average, you have got to allow some sort of medium in sports and athletics. There has to be a line and if TECH wants to be know as a college powerhouse in sports then something has got to change. If TECH wishes to stay a supreme being in academics then change nothing as it is right now. That's my opinion. probably wrong

If I am to look at the situation logically as it will probably play out, Gailey will remain and coach this season.

Braine will probably remain this year, but will be busier than normal monitoring the tutoring department and the progress of student athletes.

I also would assume he will be working with others in the school trying to uncover some curriculum that could be used at Tech for the football players.

Clough will remain as long as the Board of Regents allows, which will probably have nothing to do with the success or failure of the athletics.

At the end of this sports year, I assume Braine's job would probably be scrutinized and decisions made as to retaining him or replacing him.

The same will probably happen with Gailey at the end of the year. The progress of his team will be followed closely this season and his future at Tech decided by the results of the season.

Logically, I see nothing different happening unless Gailey or Braine gets fed up and resigns.

wink.gif

(2) I'm not confident that Gailey is the right man for Tech, but the more facts that come to light, lead me to believe that most of our rapid downfall is directly attributed to Braine, spurred on by a bunch of the turtleneck under blazer crowd ordained by Clough.

Gailey, if he were astute, could do a few things to turn the crowd his way, like letting the public know and see he is making an effort in the discipline department. Clean em up and instill strict discipline. To have all these open questions will, fairly or not, link him to all the turmoil.

Braine has already decimated this team.

Fire Braine first and let the man work.

Back