UNC message board better than techsideline....

I'd love to ask them how has passing over Paul Johnson worked out for them.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I think that was State, not UNC.

Yeah, if you do get access there, don't mention the word 'Swahili.' Just a warning.

I think that was State, not UNC.

Yeah, if you do get access there, don't mention the word 'Swahili.' Just a warning.

CPJ showed interest in both UNC & NC State while we had Gailey and both of them had openings.

Neither would even look at him....their loss, our gain.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I used to troll hard on the Miami Scout Board back when we won 4 in a row against them. That seems like a long time ago.

UNC hiring Mack Again is not a bad idea. I wonder if they (or anyone) will give a Fridge a shot. He'd have a better time recruiting there, which was really one his big problems at MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my recollection is he interviewed for NCST and was not offered the was while Gailey was here.

What's funny about that, if true, is they went with Tom O'Brien, a guy that was rejected by Tech when Gailey was hired.

And it was Tech that ruined the only great season they ever had in a year we were pretty mediocre.

What's funny about that, if true, is they went with Tom O'Brien, a guy that was rejected by Tech when Gailey was hired.

And it was Tech that ruined the only great season they ever had in a year we were pretty mediocre.

O'Brian wasn't rejected by Tech; he declined interest in the job after GT made it clear they wouldn't change the entrance requirements.

O'Brian wasn't rejected by Tech; he declined interest in the job after GT made it clear they wouldn't change the entrance requirements.

not the way I heard it....During his interview O'brien made a big deal about entrance requirements and that sent up "red flags" and no offer was given

I dunno. I really think GT is one of the best spots for CPJ, because we benefit from being close to home for a lot of high level recruits and attract the type of player who can buy into his system. I'm not sure if he would be able to get the defensive players at NC State. It's not all about not being able to qualify here, I think the negative recruiting wrt facing the option all spring and fall camp, and not having Pro-Style recruits on the scout team scares more defensive players away from us than our entrance requirements.

I'm a big fan of CPJ though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just noticed another name dropped in that article about CPJ and NC State. It says Jimbo Fisher OC for LSU is also interested in the job...lol

Last edited:
The thought of how many rushing yards Ga Tech is going to get is enough to make me want to forfeit the rest of the season and just practice for next year

:rotfl:

Back