Undrafted Free Agents? GT alone in ACC

Except when a receiver or RB takes off, that's the only time you hear "That's SEC speed, right there!" You never hear a commentator go "See how fast he picked up that blitz? SEC SPEED."

I'd bet that the SEC as a whole isn't much faster at any position than any other major conference.

It's a darn good indication that GT lacked NFL prospects. Teams with several NFL prospects usually win more games. If GT can raise their talent pool they should win more games with good coaching.

It's elementary, my dear :biggrin:

It's actually a direct correlation to stadium size and uniform design.

Jason Peters was just Signed with the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs

waterboy-nipple-pinch-uhhhh-a.gif

Except when a receiver or RB takes off, that's the only time you hear "That's SEC speed, right there!" You never hear a commentator go "See how fast he picked up that blitz? SEC SPEED."

I'd bet that the SEC as a whole isn't much faster at any position than any other major conference.

True -- there is no doubt that the media's SEC lovefest often gets excessive and is not always grounded in reality.

That's a good question about whether it is really faster or not...I guess "speed" is somewhat subjective too when you're talking about football.

True -- there is no doubt that the media's SEC lovefest often gets excessive and is not always grounded in reality.

That's a good question about whether it is really faster or not...I guess "speed" is somewhat subjective too when you're talking about football.

Well, when some other conference can win a national championship and stop the SEC's run (what is it...6 straight?) MNC's, then we can start saying the media's lovefest of them is excessive. Until then, the adulation may just be well-deserved.

Well, when some other conference can win a national championship and stop the SEC's run (what is it...6 straight?) MNC's, then we can start saying the media's lovefest of them is excessive. Until then, the adulation may just be well-deserved.

Next time another conference gets a chance to play for the championship, let me know.

In general it is all well deserved, but my point was that individual commentators can take it to the point of hyperbole.

For example, when there is an obvious crapfest between two lower tier SEC teams and it is hailed as a "classic hard-nosed slobberknocker."

In general it is all well deserved, but my point was that individual commentators can take it to the point of hyperbole.

For example, when there is an obvious crapfest between two lower tier SEC teams and it is hailed as a "classic hard-nosed slobberknocker."

There is no doubt about the lovefest between the SEC and ESPN. ESPN will go on for hours about how it is the SEC and then all the rest. I have no problem with them talking about the SEC. They are the best conference as of now. But I do have a problem when they slap down the other conferences while doing so.

Back