Uniform Changes?

Father WASP

Flats Noob
I have seen nothing but consensus agreement that the goofy numbers need to go. But has anyone heard anything about possible uniform changes for the upcoming year?

I'm hoping for a return to the traditional Dodd era black numbers.

Since Gailey likes "Old Gold" like alot of us Im wondering if some team, I think Wake was the last to force us to do it, makes us wear dark at home, if we wear Navy or if we wear a new Old Gold vs. the lighter version we saw under O'Leary.

Does anyone have any inside scoop?

The uniforms are changing this year. I believe Gailey picked them out himself (well probably with the help of some of the coaches, Spencer most likely). I saw the ones they were deciding on, and I think the weird numbers are going.

thanks - any more details about what they were looking at? Mainly tweaking or are these major changes?

What I heard from an equip. staff member before spring practice was that we were going back to Navy "more traditional" numbers. Should resemble the 96-97 jerseys somewhat, however the shadowing will likely be different. I like the gold numbers from 2000 (Goose's first season) best but I know Wes and the rest of the press box had a hard time reading just about any jersey we've had with gold numbers.

As for Navy jerseys, we'll likely never wear those again since the "official colors" were adopted earlier this year. Navy is to be used as an "accent" color only. It can only be worn as a primary color in cases such as Women's swimming and diving.

Long as we don't do the BYU style jerseys, it almost has to be better.

Just MHO, but I loved the '98-99 unis...

1998%20-%20Chambers%20vs%20UGA.jpg

But, gold or navy numbers, I don't care...let's just bring back the "block" numbers (without all those fancy lines and crap that Miami and Maryland wear).

I too like the '98 and '99 uniforms.

I'm not a big fan of the dark numerals but I suppose my mind could be changed once they show us. I'm also a fan of wearing the gold jerseys at Homecoming only but that's just me.

But as long as our current numerals are gone, I'm good.

It would be cool if we could find a picture of each of the different jerseys we've worn in the past decade or so.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
It would be cool if we could find a picture of each of the different jerseys we've worn in the past decade or so.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll see if I can dig them up. I think I've got some pics of all of them except our solid white unis from '93 or '94.

Here we go. I think I've covered 'em all...

The navy/white combo from '90-91...
1990%20-%20Nebraska%20Program.jpg

The road unis from '90-95...
1990%20-%20William%20Bell%20S.I.%20Cover.jpg

The navy/gold combo from '92-93...
1993%20-%20Media%20Guide.JPG

The first revival of the gold jerseys, I think this is from '94...
1995%20-%20Charlie%20Simmons%20Autograph.jpg

These were my favorite gold jerseys (from '96-98)...
1996%20-%20CJ%20run%20vs%20Wake.jpg

'97 Carquest Bowl jerseys (with thinner outline on numbers)...

1999%20-%20Joe%20and%20George.jpg

The white unis (navy numbers w/ gold shadow) from '96-98...
1996%20-%20CJ%20Williams%20TD%20vs%20Clemson.jpg

'98-99 unis with gold "block" numbers...
1999%20-%20Football%20Media%20Guide.jpg

The alternate '98 Gator Bowl unis...
1998%20-%20Notre%20Dame%204.jpg

Gold jerseys, take 3 (extremely hard to see in the sun) from the '00 Gator Bowl...
Miami%2011.jpg

The '00 thick numbers...
2000%20-%20Georgia%20Hedges2.jpg

Gold version with thick numbers ('00-present)...
WatkinsCelebrate.jpg

Solid white disaster from the '02 mud bowl...

aj-suggs-lg.jpg

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
Just MHO, but I loved the '98-99 unis...

1998%20-%20Chambers%20vs%20UGA.jpg

...let's bring back the "block" numbers.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">AMEN TO THAT, JJ!
drinking.gif

Great look at all the unis from the past decade or so. THANKS Joltin' Jacket! Love the pictures and the memories! I'm more confused than ever, but I think I too am partial to the '98-'99 uniforms.

Thanks again!

My all time favorite are the jerseys we wore the last time we kicked the leprechauns ass in the Gator Bowl,let's weat them all the time!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

90-95 uniforms look awesome. Most of the Dodd era captured with a little shading for progress. The all-white mud bowl of AJ pictured is not too bad if you get past the memory of the game.

Thanks for the photos!

I believe that we will wear a navy blue jersey for 1 game a year. Kind of like the NFL has throw back jerseys....The navy blue numbers on the jerseys are coming back...It shall be interesting to see....Many Thanks, John Southard, GT 33

GT33,

I like the idea of throwback jerseys but I'd like to carry it one step further. I suggest that we allow the seniors on the team to choose the jersey they wear at homecoming each year. It can be any jersey from our past. I think it would be good for the alums who come to the game, honor our past and start a new and unique Tech tradition.

great idea getwrecked, i think that would be an excellent thing to do.

Back