Uniforms: Back to traditional block numerals for jerseys

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
The 2002 numerals to be same as '98 and '99 jerseys as seen in this image.

manget_ap.jpg

I'm glad to see this.
drinking.gif

I liked those jerseys, too. The newer ones just didn't cut it for me..
cool.gif

Originally posted by FHstinger:
The 2002 numerals to be same as '98 and '99 jerseys as seen in this image.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How do you know for sure? Is there something on-line to confirm it?

Coldbeer,
Someone posted this on the Hive, which got transferred to StingTalk, about a month or two ago. This was the same message that first told of the 2003 Auburn game moving from Dome to Grant Field. I can't recall who posted it.

That was me that first posted about the Auburn game moving in 2003 and the numbers on the uniforms over on the Hive. In fact, I think I posted the same post over here on Stingtalk, so it should still be out there somewhere. It goes back a couple of months probably.

My source on the uniform numbers now has info that says they may be the same as last year, but we will know for sure on Media Day (Wednesday?), as that is when they take the team photo. I expect them to look like the '98 & '99 ones, but you just never know until you see them.

Speaking of uniforms and numbers, something that I've found difficult the past several seasons is figuring out which of our speedy recievers is in on the play. Between 6 and 9 and 3 and 5 I was always trying to figure out if it was Kelly, Kerry, Curry or Glover. I liked the fact that J. Smith was 82 as I never had trouble seeing that he was the reciever thrown to.

Anybody else had trouble with this... I know it is no biggie but I always caught myself going "Way to go Kelly!" and then I'd realize it was Watkins.

Probably doesn't help that I've usually been tailgaiting for a couple hours before toe meets leather
drinking.gif

Think a lot of people had that problem. It has a lot to do with the light colored lettering more so than font I believe. Hope that they go with dark numbers with light borders. We'll find out tomorrow when the team gets together for team photo at media day.

Back