Uniforms vs Pitt

I hated the chicken wire helmets and the numbers. Those uniforms should be destroyed. Pictures of them burned. People wearing replicas given replacements with that crap confiscated and destroyed. They should be forever forgotten.
It was a time in our past. It is what it is.

I’m confused. If we’ve never worn this before, where did they get the picture of Carter in this jersey using his old number.
Probably a simple photoshop job. I'd guess the helmet/head is from a different picture/game. They did the same thing last week with Jahmyr's picture. The picture was from the Louisville game where we wore gold helmets with gold facemasks. The picture they posted has a gold helmet with a black facemask.

On the Pitt game picture, it looks like the helmet has slightly different lighting than the rest of Carter's body.

Probably a simple photoshop job. I'd guess the helmet/head is from a different picture/game. They did the same thing last week with Jahmyr's picture. The picture was from the Louisville game where we wore gold helmets with gold facemasks. The picture they posted has a gold helmet with a black facemask.

On the Pitt game picture, it looks like the helmet has slightly different lighting than the rest of Carter's body.
I actually think the helmet and jersey are original to the pic (possibly from NC State 2019) and they either 'shopped his pants to be white or cut his top half and pasted it on another pic of some legs in our white pants.

I actually think the helmet and jersey are original to the pic (possibly from NC State 2019) and they either 'shopped his pants to be white or cut his top half and pasted it on another pic of some legs in our white pants.
Good call! I found the original picture on the photo recap from the game on ramblinwreck.com:
1633121664072.png

It's well hidden, but I think the pants were clipped from a different picture.

If there's anything to the theory about the ball being harder to locate on option plays against the blue, it can't hurt.
Bet it's even harder to locate against brown. Since brown is also not one of Tech's two colors, they might as well wear brown jerseys. With blue helmets and blue pants. And since BDS now has crappy artificial turf, instead of the wonderful Bermuda grass that it had for most of its glorious history, they might as well paint that brown, too, to complete the look.

At this point, they might as well just go with these helmets full time and be done with it.

d808d3cfa407473138bd4c7bcf9b7611--custom-helmets-uniform-ideas.jpg
Those of you who hate the idea had best start preparing yourselves now, blue helmets will absolutely be coming at some point. I doubt it'll have the chicken wire, but it is going to happen. I feel nauseous at the thought of a Buzz helmet, but I have accepted that as soon as adidas starts running short on ideas, that will probably be coming as well.

Bet it's even harder to locate against brown. Since brown is also not one of Tech's two colors, they might as well wear brown jerseys. With blue helmets and blue pants. And since BDS now has crappy artificial turf, instead of the wonderful Bermuda grass that it had for most of its glorious history, they might as well paint that brown, too, to complete the look.
It's funny you mention Grant Field and the color brown, because patches of the glorious Bermuda were frequently that color over the years. Tech fans have their opinions on the uniform designs and colors and that is fine. It pertains to the school's identity and tradition and so on, so that makes sense. But there is no argument to be made against the turf except by people who need something to whine about when the previous week's game didn't give them any ammo.

Those of you who hate the idea had best start preparing yourselves now, blue helmets will absolutely be coming at some point. I doubt it'll have the chicken wire, but it is going to happen. I feel nauseous at the thought of a Buzz helmet, but I have accepted that as soon as adidas starts running short on ideas, that will probably be coming as well.
Oh, I know. Blue helmets are coming. Surprised not to see it against UGAg this year. Maybe next home game in two years. I picked chicken wire for dramatic effect . . . even though I personally actually liked the chicken wire . . . I really don't understand why they can't just wear something like this all the time.

Tech Helmet.jpg

Oh, I know. Blue helmets are coming. Surprised not to see it against UGAg this year. Maybe next home game in two years. I picked chicken wire for dramatic effect . . . even though I personally actually liked the chicken wire . . . I really don't understand why they can't just wear something like this all the time.

Tech Helmet.jpg
Actually that's not bad.

I have no issues with an all gold hat, but IF CGC ever did an all Gold Headgear like that , he'd probably do it in a Matte Gold , just to juice it up for the 'Croots.
:ohyeah::stir:

Back