University of Georgia Fans To Be Accomodated

Father WASP

Flats Noob
The Georgia Tech Athletic Association, stung in recent weeks by criticism from Georgia fans over seat locations, will announce a plan next week that should diffuse tensions.

In a unique co-marketing arrangement, Tech will sell an additional 500 tickets to Georgia fans for the Tech-Georgia game, to be located on the 17th and 18th floors of the Coca-Cola tower.

A Tech spokesman stated "We think we've addressed their concerns. The elderly will have elevator access, and the sight lines with a high-powered telescope are similar to an upper deck seat at Neyland Stadium."

A caterer is being hired to provide snacks consisting of Spam and Vienna Sausages to provide a similar game day experience as that found in Athens.

Georgia alumni remained skeptical. "I've worked in that building, emptying trash. It's huge. Why only two floors?"

Another expressed concern about having to use the restroom indoors. Coca-Cola states that this is a one year trial, and negotiations took so long because Georgia officials could not guarantee their fans would not try to spit tobacco or throw things at the glass.

Georgia fans will also have to pass through a metal detector similar to the one used at Hartsfield Airport, leading some to speculate it will hamper demand.

Tech officials insist that if the experiment works, additional skyscraper seats may open for other schools that complain.

LOL...excellent post. Many in my family live in south Ga. and are misguided enough to root for the pups. I copied your post and emailed it to all those members of my family. Thanks for not copyrighting it like I have seen some clever people do on this board!
grin.gif

That's still too close to the stadium for them. Maybe somewhere in Macon would be better. BYW, arn't the caters going to serve Red Man Chewing tobacco???
grin.gif

How about the roof top of the HUD housing at Techwood and North Ave.
wink.gif

Very clever and funny! I was getting prepared to be really fuming before I opened your post!

Originally posted by Father WASP:
Another expressed concern about having to use the restroom indoors. Coca-Cola states that this is a one year trial, and negotiations took so long because Georgia officials could not guarantee their fans would not try to spit tobacco or throw things at the glass.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Priceless.
grin.gif

Late model Escalades park for free. Funny how anything that resembles a pickup is a hot commodity in Athens.

Back