UVA getting 27 pts at FSU?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
there is value in that line. I think UVA will be better and I think that freshman qb can at least put up 17 pts on FSU's D. And I figure FSU will put up around 35 on UVA.

No way F$U beats UVA by 35 or more. What time is kick-off and what station is it televised so I can set my VCR.
drinking.gif

FSU is going to extract all their Iowa State frustrations on UVa this Saturday. They will cover easy.

I agree ColdBeer. I think that FSU is out to prove their superiority and will attempt to run up the score as far as possible while seeking to make Virginia appear pitiful.
One thing for sure, we should have a better read on FSU after this week.

Originally posted by law_bee:
there is value in that line. I think UVA will be better and I think that freshman qb can at least put up 17 pts on FSU's D. And I figure FSU will put up around 35 on UVA.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When I first thought about it I thought exactly the same thing, and I still thing that Hagans (UVa QB) can give FSU fits. I'm not sure he's anywhere near the polished passer that Seneca Wallace is, however, and unless you have the double threat it severely limits what FSU has to prepare for. UVa MUST get something out of its passing game or they'll get drilled.

But all that having been said, I think this could be a much better game than the odds makers do and for the same reason that law_bee does.

just saw a poll on fsu's board were ~66% said that they did not cover (~85 participants)

I think everyone is now starting to have more respect for those people who are successful at using the spread.

The key to this game is turnovers. I BELIEVE that UVA will be more focused and cut down on the mistakes.

I thought 3 things were telling about the FSU game last week.

1. Only 7 pts in second half (stat speaks for itself- in years past fsu's depth took over games late and blasted team. Games with us in hamiltons So and Jr. years were classic examples) I think this speaks volumes on how their line performed. I know when you look at the stats they rushed 300 yds but sometimes stats can be misleading.

2. No push by their DLine. In years past the DLine controled the game, so they could keep LB's back in run/pass support. If they are forced to blitz to get pressure they become MORTAL like everyone else.

3. I was shocked that the distance b/n DB's and people catching the ball. Their was MUCH cushin.

4. Even if FSU blows doors I think it will be more of an indication of UVA then fsu. I think fsu has chinks in their armor and will take 3 losses.

Young team of UVA in Tally for FSU's first home game after being somewhat disappointed with win againt Iowa St is simply trouble for UVA. FSU is going to come after those young qbs on every single play. Hagon is fast and quick. Will give anyone trouble. Don't be surprised if he gets hurt in this one. FSU's D in there own friendly settings which are unfriendly to others will cause many turovers for a young UVA team. No way can UVA stop Rix and company. Not even close. Will Rix and company stop themselves? We'll see, but regardless think that this is bad news for UVA.

UVA could shock me. Could be like Lawbee says. There might be value in that spread if UVA doesn't turn the ball over and FSU does. Just don't see it happening that wan in Tally.

The UVA/FSU is a classic sucker line, IMO. What do you think happened to the F$U D players in practice this week? Warden Andrews is running them into the ground. F$U has heard all week about how they are not back and have slipped. While parts of that may be true, UVA is waaaaayyy too young and has a retard for a coach in Groh to take advantage of it. Hagans can make plays, but will be running for his life in this one. Schaub may get criminoled out of the game. While UVA may be able to get a score or two, I don't see how they can prevent getting about 40 pts. scored on them if they gave up 35 to Colorado St.

FSU covers.

I think FSU covers. Reason being.... they played a better team last week than UVA is. UVA has a speed bump defense this year by the looks of it and FSU will have little trouble scoring at will.

Back