UVA's schedule...

Oh boo freaking hoo. (Pun intended)

Our OOC schedule included BYU and UGA the last two years and if we didn't make a bowl, NOBODY would have blamed it on scheduling.
Do you consider UVA to be a program of our stature? I sure don't. We've got sixteen conference titles and four national titles. They've got a SAIAA title from 1908 and two ACC co-championships.

UVA is a nothing program. What makes sense for us - playing a tough OOC conference every year - doesn't necessarily make sense for them. If I were a UVA fan, I'd want an easier schedule so I'd have a realistic shot at 8-4 while waiting for lacrosse to start.

I didn't know about the contract extension, but the mood among VT fans seems to be that Beamer's time has passed. So I think he could get a lot of pressure to retire if the rest of the season goes poorly.

Just hoping they screw something up and end up losing Foster. It would be indescribably satisfying to watch them sink to the dreggs of the conference - I guess I mean watching them stay there since it's currently happening.

Do you consider UVA to be a program of our stature? I sure don't. We've got sixteen conference titles and four national titles. They've got a SAIAA title from 1908 and two ACC co-championships.

UVA is a nothing program. What makes sense for us - playing a tough OOC conference every year - doesn't necessarily make sense for them. If I were a UVA fan, I'd want an easier schedule so I'd have a realistic shot at 8-4 while waiting for lacrosse to start.

If you start counting in the late 80s (say, 1987), it's a bit closer than you think.

I'm not saying they are in the same ballpark as us, but we are only 19-17-1 all time against uva. We were 4-6 against them in the 90s and the 2000s. It wasn't until recently with CPJ that any of our coaches have had uva's number, especially at Scott Stadium.

I'd certainly rather have our program, but if we were that much better we wouldn't have gone 11-16-1 against them from the 80s until the 2000s.

Back