Vad Lee lighting up the scoreboard vs. Maryland

When this thread ends, maybe somebody will start a Reggie Ball thread.

Yep, you are right. Tevin was a better fit and player for us than Vad ended up being. I wanted Vad to play more because I figured that even if he ended up being worse, I'd rather have the guy with the higher upside out there, getting experience and learning the system. It became clear last year though that if he has a high upside, it wasn't going to be reached with us.

However, this thread is dumb coming from a fanbase whose team just struggled against Wofford shortly before its creation. Maybe if James Madison had played us Vad would have looked a little better.

I just remember the hell i took for suggesting Vad might not be ready. A year later, he proved he still wasn't ready.

I just remember the hell i took for suggesting Vad might not be ready. A year later, he proved he still wasn't ready.
I wish there was some kind of award that we could give you so you would shut the hell up. I award you the 2013 Stingtalk I Told You So Award. If JT is as brittle as you've claimed this season then you may win again. You can siggy your award so you can show your pride and stop posting I told you so posts. Thanks.

You're still wrong. It isn't he wasn't ready it he didn't have the balls. You guys forget Maryland has been sucking with about half the roster out. It's conceivable they could be a decent team like 11.

Just wanted to bump this because I thought it was a low blow and unnecessary when originally posted. My wife is a JMU alum so I pay some attention to them and Vad Lee has been carving up for them.

Hopefully this transfer works out for everyone. I don't like how Vad in my opinion got some bad advice from family and friends and never really bought into our offense. I also didn't like how he said it couldn't be successfully it hour the Nesbitts, Dwyers, etc. but I thought he was a good kid and a cheerleader for GT.

Tonight's stat line for Vad Lee winning on the road at Albany:

14/23 for 177 and 2 TDs
17 carries 111 yards 1 57 yard TD.

Yeah, and not sure if this point was made earlier, but I would expect Maryland to be much more talented on defense than JMU on offense. If Vad had no time and his receivers had no space, what is he supposed to do?

Should have just let this thread die. We've moved on and have JT5. All the best for Vad.

Let's move on

Should have just let this thread die. We've moved on and have JT5. All the best for Vad.

Let's move on

For what it's worth I thought it was a nice bump. It was unfair ragging on Vad for his performance against a team that totally outmatched his. Now we see he has been playing well against an equal level of competition. Seems like things may have worked out for the best. Vad may have made a good move for his career.

For what it's worth I thought it was a nice bump. It was unfair ragging on Vad for his performance against a team that totally outmatched his. Now we see he has been playing well against an equal level of competition. Seems like things may have worked out for the best. Vad may have made a good move for his career.
I get it, just seemed we've all moved past it anyway. Not arguing, just my opinion.

It's all Jackets from here baby.

Vad Lee has not been carving anything for a 3-3 FCS team.
If anything he has showed that he belongs at the FCS level.

passing 52%-1407yds -11TDs -5INTS
rushing 427yds 3 TDS

If anything it is interesting that VAD is more successful running the ball against FCS opponents than against FBS!!:biggthumpup:

His current stats along with a avg 3-3 FCS record will keep him at the FCS level. That is probably ok with Vad and his family! They left FBS for FCS. I would rather have Justin Thomas and his 5-0 record over Vad Lee any day! I hope everyone on this board never falls for the ESPN recruiting hype again! We have the true 4 Star QB in Thomas!:biggthumpup:

Back