Vad's Performance

Longestdays

Flats Noob
How would you rate Vad's performance for the UGA game?

How would you rate Tevin's performance?

I think he did just fine. He IS after all, a redshirt freshman. I think he is the quarterback that we need to take the next step.
But we still need a better defense - a better defense (especially early in the game) would have given him more chances to get things rolling.

He showed his athletic ability. The kid can run and make plays with his legs and I think will eventually make plays with his arm. Two big mistakes. The INT and missing Bostic for a wide open TD but we ended up scoring that drive. PJ doesn't have confidence in him making the reads with the TO because most of the dives were called dives and not reads. I still believe Vad gives us the best chance to win but my opinion probably isn't worth much.

how would you rate vad's performance for the uga game?

How would you rate tevin's performance?

C

C

Doesn't really matter how he played when he doesn't take the field until we're down 3 TD's.

I didn't really get the playcalling with either QB. Why not let Vad work more from the pistol/gun if you aren't going to let him run much option? Why try to run some sort of power formation and run the dive every ----ing play with Tevin in the secodn half when were down 8929348 points?

I don't think Vad had faced a defense as talented as UGA's before. He sure doesn't see it in practice. His deep pass that was picked was the same one that worked against other teams.

QB play was only a minor issue in the game, really. UGA could've beaten us with two downs per 10 yards.

Tevin had a Tevin type game. He did well, wasn't asked to do much. Mike Vick could have been our quarterback and we would have lost.

Our QB's had absolutely no time to pass, it reminded me of '08 and '09 when Nesbitt was always running for his life. From a composure standpoint, Tevin handled the pressure much better than Vad did. Vad threw off his back foot almost every time, one of which resulted in an INT. He did have a few nice runs, but his pocket presence needs to improve, for sure.

No, he kills dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Oh yes I forgot - Important point!
Note to CPJ: recruit a Vick relative (maybe a cousin, nephew or son) and we should be good to go for four years in this rivalry!
Oh yeah, another bonus is that the Vick DNA might very well be in a few kids in the Atlanta area!

I don't think Vad had faced a defense as talented as UGA's before. He sure doesn't see it in practice. His deep pass that was picked was the same one that worked against other teams.

QB play was only a minor issue in the game, really. UGA could've beaten us with two downs per 10 yards.

that int by rambo wasn't a bad playcall. godhigh was open on the slant and vad threw it above and behind him, right to their defender.

Our QB's had absolutely no time to pass, it reminded me of '08 and '09 when Nesbitt was always running for his life. From a composure standpoint, Tevin handled the pressure much better than Vad did. Vad threw off his back foot almost every time, one of which resulted in an INT. He did have a few nice runs, but his pocket presence needs to improve, for sure.

This....
When Vad stepped back to pass, it seemed like he was always pressured due to trying to throw deep balls. He didn't have time to set up before they were in his face. It didn't seem to faze Tevin because he pretty much had short passes to throw.
Big difference

that int by rambo wasn't a bad playcall. godhigh was open on the slant and vad threw it above and behind him, right to their defender.

I agree. He should've put it to the right and lower. But I also think that same errant throw might've been OK versus other teams we played.

from the angle i saw, it looked like godhigh could never have been close to catching it. just a strange throw.

Vad played O.K, really was disappointed in his performance but can't judge him after 1 game.

Saw why he wasn't offered by the top school though. Lack of accuracy and decision making at times.

Vad played O.K, really was disappointed in his performance but can't judge him after 1 game.

Saw why he wasn't offered by the top school though. Lack of accuracy and decision making at times.

It's kind of hard to judge his play when the defense of UGAy was in his grill almost every passing play.

LOL. You DO realize that he played as many snaps in the UNC game as he did pretty much the rest of the year, right?

He got 3 series vs BC, 2 series vs Duke and mop up minutes in a few other games. Kinda hard to judge a kid based on that amount of playing time.

Also, when a kid who comes in and his team is already down 21-3, the playcalling by the defense is a bit different than it would be if it was a close game. At that point, they could afford to play a 2- or 3-deep zone and force underneath throws. As long as it takes the offense valuable minutes to score, they don't mind...just don't give up the long pass or long run.

It is hard to judge a QB that is put in the game for mop up duty. Too bad mop up duty came in the 2nd quarter.

Vad tried to hard to throw a miracle. He probably woulda had better luck underneath, a dump or a scramble. Well, he threw int's so not probably....

Vad didn't get enough game experience through the season. He therefore made rookie mistakes and didn't play as well as Tevin, but Tevin didn't beat him by much

Back