Very good article on GT's MB transfers

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Very good article on GT\'s MB transfers

by Steve Hummer in the AJC. He writes some really good articles & some 'dogs', but over a yr's time he's a good writer.
It appears that Kenton Johnson & Chris Woods are the only 2 Morris Brown players to get an opportunity @ Div1a. They both appear to be scholarshipped @ GT. Very glad they both took the opportunity to be Yellow Jackets as we really needed them.
Johnson had to take 3 classes this Summer to be eligible for the season & passed them all. Congratulations, Kenton. Here's the article:

Goods things came out of the MB mess

Re: Very good article on GT\'s MB transfers

Very cool article. The best of luck to these two guys.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can leave a barely accredited school like MB and only need "a few hours" to be eligible at a place like Georgia Tech.

How we can pull that off, but can't keep our 10 guys from flunking out either says:
1. We've got no priorities at all.

OR

2. All our academic problems have been fixed.

I'm going to pray for #2.

YodaBee, don't really understand your post. If the course work at MB was accepted for credit at Tech, the only real issue left if whether the kids coming in had enough hours or not. Don't see how that has anything to do with our kids who flunked out. We still don't know whether their problem was actually not being able to pass their classes, not passing enough hours, not going to class, or what. I do think our issues of not having oversight/involvement of the coaching staff have been corrected so attendance, study hall, etc. shouldn't happen again. But if we had guys in school who were sitting with a 1.9 after 3 years that's a different problem IMO.

Quoted by Yoda:

How we can pull that off, but can't keep our 10 guys from flunking out either says:
1. We've got no priorities at all.

OR

2. All our academic problems have been fixed.

I'm going to pray for #2.

Or possibility #3:
A temporary moratorium on flunk outs has been issued, and entrance requirements possibly softened on a case by case basis so that we don't go out of business. Just guessing
wink.gif

Since he was a freshmen he was obviously taking core classes. I am sure that most, if not all, of these classes were accepted for credit at Tech. Much as any transfer student would get for core classes.

Since Tech has already adopted the new NCAA rules regarding how much credit a SA should have to continue to play then I would surmise that the young man had to take the three courses in order to have the necessary amount of credit to play.

Back