Very good GT preview from Fox sports

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
At least it will get the football juices flowing. The suspensions & just-found-out who got suspended has everyones early previews messed up, but Fox did a fair job of taking them into consideration.
Noticed that they picked us to go 4-4,5-7 which means middle of ACC & no Bowl. The 5-7 would have us beating Vandy while losing to BYU,Aub,Ga.
They then turned around & tabbed GT for the Humanitarian Bowl vs Boise St. LOL. Nobody can form any kind of conclusion as to which way our good-but-thin-depth team will go & what Coach G will put together.
This yr will be a laugh-out-loud or tears-in-your-beer.

Fox/CFN's college preview

Not the bowl that I'd like to see GT in, but hey I'm up for a trip to Idaho!

It used to be, but I believe they changed the color of the turf just recently. That's the bowl that Clemson bought their way in a couple of years ago.

I really don't feel to bad about our upcoming season. Rashaun Grant is being projected as a first year impact player. Have any StingTalkers seen him play? How quick is he? How tough is he? How about his work ethic? Surely the kid has to know that he could come in and start now so hopefully he has been working hard. I just don't know much other than he was highly recruited. Maybe we have a potential star on the horizon. It be nice to have a Warrick Dunn type come in and out run and out tough some people.

JJacket,

If you haven't seen the game films on Reshaun Grant, they are very impressive. On film, he was among the top 3 that impressed me coming into Tech this year (not that I know anything - fwiw, Anoai and Moore were the other 2).

Grant has that low center of gravity, but stocky size. Think the UM style backs like Portis and McGahee. He could absolutely outrun people (his Nike combine time last year was under 4.45 - very rare for a Nike combo sub 4.5 - and his shuttle time looks like a misprint (showing his quickness as well as speed)).

His running style is not what you would think of a kid who is supposed to be smaller - he would run a ton between the tackles, but he would just blow thru the hole and he was gone. Must be 15 runs on his film where he just takes it off tackle and blows past everyone into the endzone. Excellent hands as well.

The only question with Grant is on the ankle that he broke in the 8th game last year. If I remember right, he was running track in the Spring, so it should be healed. If he maintained his leg strength, and comes in mentally ready to play, he could be the real deal.

If he is the same player he was before the injury, he is definitely the real deal.

Back