Very nice comments about Joesph Gilbert....per AJC

statelinejacket

Damn Good Rat
web page

Lets see here, Josh Brock was '3 star' recruit and Ian Smith was a '4 star' recruit for the University of Georgia and Cartersville's head coach Frank Harden believes that Gilbert is a better all round offensive lineman than either of the two who preceded him.

I will also note that Brock started for the Dawgs when injuries didn't get in the way and that Smith is a starter now.

And that Brock and Smith started out as unrated '1 stars'... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Of course Beebad and MSTA will diss this report because they know Cartersville High football and that stars mean everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Good report Stateline,
When I see those star ratings I always think of the song from back in the 50's that went "don't let the stars get in your eyes........."
I've never really understood how anyone decides how many stars, if any, to give a ball player. I do know this Hyder boy from Darlington is one of the best I've ever seen and he isn't even mentioned anywhere except the local newspaper.
That Cartersville crew has been making it a habit of pumping out some EXCELLENT athletes from there. More power to them and I hope they continue.

I'd say our recruiting could be on its way up, what with the changes in staff. The report also mentions a record number of coaches showed up for the coaches clinic yesterday. That is nothing but good news. Lets hope the juniors on campus today for the combine get to enjoy their visit to Tech and turn some heads of some who might not have considered coming here beforehand.

We are making "inroads" here in Cartersville. Anthony last year and Joseph now. Coach Barden is doing a great job of developing these SA and obviously our recruiting influence is expanding here.

I can't remember the kid's name, but Cartersville does have a lightning fast running back coming up through the program. If I remember correctly he will be sophomore. I'll find out. I work with a big supporter of the program. I have heard him mention that the kid is going to be a very good one.

Back