Virginia Tech looks like complete garbage today

Well, I was wrong. I knew that we weren't playing very well, missing blocks etc. But, I was really hoping that vpi was also a really good D. They're not.

Crap

they will eek out a 1-3 point win vis-a-vis a combination of fortuitous bounces, personal fouls on Pitt, missed Pitt FGs, and Pitt injuries to their top players.

wow. bethune cookman up 7-0 on da u.

looks like a normal offense is the way to run at them, not a high school offense

I really do no think this reflects on us that much because it looks to me like the entire VT program didn't bother to prepare for this game. Players look like they didn't expect to play a full half and Bud Foster seems to of rolled out the "We're better than them so that should be enough" defensive game plan.

The plays where it looks like they put some thought into how to defend them they've put Pitt back for negative yards.

Edit: and as i speak VT throws a pick on a lob that there were no WR's for BECAUSE THE WRS RAN INTO EACH OTHER
I don't see how one can believe VT went into this expecting to try.

Yet they'll somehow win all their ACC games...

Like I said, this is one of the worst teams they've had since joining the ACC.

We'll look back on that loss on Labor Day and be quite embarrassed.

Welcome to the ACC Pitt. God we are an awful conference.

And, in the end, VT will win 10 games, win the division, and play for the right to lose in the Orange Bowl to the Big Least winner who will have beaten Pitt by 38 points.

I really do no think this reflects on us that much because it looks to me like the entire VT program didn't bother to prepare for this game. Players look like they didn't expect to play a full half and Bud Foster seems to of rolled out the "We're better than them so that should be enough" defensive game plan.

The plays where it looks like they put some thought into how to defend them they've put Pitt back for negative yards.

Edit: and as i speak VT throws a pick on a lob that there were no WR's for BECAUSE THE WRS RAN INTO EACH OTHER
I don't see how one can believe VT went into this expecting to try.

Except that unless Virginia Tech comes out after the game and states that they had no intentions of trying this game, it will reflect poorly on us. A team our offense struggled mightily to pick up yards against is currently getting steamrolled by a really bad team. If this keeps up, it will be embarrassing for us and the conference as a whole.

And here I was thinking just yesterday that at least the ACC had thus far avoided any WTF losses in OOC play...

Back