Visitors Tickets

SuperToe

Varsity Lurker
I believe Coldbeer is correct. Our contract with UGa states that we give them 8,500 tickets, and they do the same for us.

That creates a bit of a problem, since only Clemson and FSU (and add Auburn to that list next year) will want that many on a regular basis. That's why you see us doing things like selling "mini-packs" for less popular games, selling tickets at Costco, etc.

I don't know how many tickets we offer to other ACC schools, but I'm sure we'd sell them 8,500 if they'd buy them.

Clemson and FSU sell their 8500 allotment every time. UNC comes close to selling 8500 each time they visit BDS. No other ACC school comes anywhere near to selling 8500 tix at BDS. UVa sells OK due to our great rivalry and decent fan base in ATL. I expect UMd to sell more as the Fridge continues their success. Wake and Duke are horrible.

I believe we are only alloting 7,500 to the away teams this year. In the past, it has been 8,500.

That's one reason we have an extra 1,000 season tickets to sell this year.

rolleyes.gif
Does anyone know how ticket amount(s)
for visiting fans is determined? Is it a certain percent of total capacity? Is it a percent/amount designated by the school?

If the home team knows that the team coming in doesn't travel well, can it change the amount alloted so they won't be stuck with seats to sell or empty seats on game day?

Anyone know?
Thanks.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
rolleyes.gif
Does anyone know how ticket amount(s)
for visiting fans is determined? Is it a certain percent of total capacity? Is it a percent/amount designated by the school?

If the home team knows that the team coming in doesn't travel well, can it change the amount alloted so they won't be stuck with seats to sell or empty seats on game day?

Anyone know?
Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's up to the host institution. I believe the max we give to any one visting team is 8500 seats (for UGA, FSU, and Clemson). That is an agreement we have had for many years with UGA. And they give us 8500 seats for games in Athens.

Needless to say we don't give that many to Duke or Wake or Maryland b/c they won't be able to see them all. You can buy plenty of tickets to the Duke/Wake home games right now.

Back