Waffle House backing GT

684Bee

Varsity Lurker
Wow - I didn’t know that. I always assumed Engineer’s bookstore has been on west campus forever.
Go have a frosted orange and some scattered and smothered and let your mind be open to the wonders around you.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
A French Brook with coffee started many a day off well. Earl knew I would be ordering that when I came in. Only crossed him up a few times with a French Ham or Country Brook order. Knowing Waffle House was founded by a Tech man, I often wondered if Juniors was the inspiration.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
French strip single country side of scratch. Never had to say it more than a couple of visits. After that it would be in front of me within a minute.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
French strip. That french toast was to french toast what chuck-e-cheese is to pizza, but I loved it.

When I would pull all-nighters and started to get tired about 5 am the goal would be to make it to 6:45 so I could be at Juniors when it opened to get woke.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Juniors Grill on the left, North Ave - across from Smith, circa 1982.

Good memories of eating there w/my Dad. Place was packed out and the food was great.

I still liked Juniors grill near Tech Tower as well. I ate a bazillion of those chicken tender baskets.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Juniors moved? Where was it originally?
Juniors at the Tower was fine, but kind of a pale imitation of what it was back in the day. I was in school and living in Smith when they bulldozed the North Ave. location for the Olympic dorms - a very sad day, as we ran across the street to eat over there a lot. Some friends and I rescued/liberated their sign after the building was torn down. It lived in my dorm room until I graduated, then got passed down a couple of generations until the hall council finally had it mounted and gave it back to Tommy to display in the restaurant. I miss getting to go visit that sign every once in a while.

I wonder what happened to the stuff that was in the restaurant when it closed - they had that sign, a 1990 Citrus Bowl goalpost segment, and some cool old aerial photos of campus.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Wow - I didn’t know that. I always assumed Engineer’s bookstore has been on west campus forever.
When I was in school (88-94), Engineer's was on North Ave., the GT bookstore was in the student center mall, and West Campus Bookstore was in that strip mall at 10th and Hemphill. West Campus closed a long time ago, the GT bookstore moved to Tech Square, and Engineer's moved over to Marietta St. and eventually closed.

JRjr

Juniors at the Tower was fine, but kind of a pale imitation of what it was back in the day. I was in school and living in Smith when they bulldozed the North Ave. location for the Olympic dorms - a very sad day, as we ran across the street to eat over there a lot. Some friends and I rescued/liberated their sign after the building was torn down. It lived in my dorm room until I graduated, then got passed down a couple of generations until the hall council finally had it mounted and gave it back to Tommy to display in the restaurant. I miss getting to go visit that sign every once in a while.

I wonder what happened to the stuff that was in the restaurant when it closed - they had that sign, a 1990 Citrus Bowl goalpost segment, and some cool old aerial photos of campus.

JRjr
ARA ruined Junior’s when it moved on campus.

The thing is that I've never lived in the rural South. All my experience is in metro Atlanta. There are too many good options in Atlanta.

Yes. I walked the Hill to 8am classes. It was uphill both ways. In 3 feet of snow. And wore newspaper on our feet because we didn't have shoes. And we had no girls on campus. And I got a 7 out of 100 on my Calculus test, which was fine because the class average was 6. And 90% of students failed Physics II. And 100% of students lost HOPE in their first week on campus. And we had to watch Chan Gailey football. Kids these days don't know how good they have it.

Junior's was behind Tech Tower, wasn't it?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Engineer's Bookstore closed? It's not surprising given that Big Textbook is so skilled at fixing prices. That's a collusion class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I only knew Juniors under the tower, but it had the best chicken fingers that have ever been eaten.

Fun fact: Tommy goes to my church. I've thanked him multiple times.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I did a quick Google. It looks like Junior's was across Techwood from Smith/Brown from 1948-1967. Then it moved to across North Ave from Smith from 1967-1993. Then it moved to Tech Tower from 1994 - 2011. So the "real Juniors" just depends on when you went to Tech.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
I did a quick Google. It looks like Junior's was across Techwood from Smith/Brown from 1948-1967. Then it moved to across North Ave from Smith from 1967-1993. Then it moved to Tech Tower from 1994 - 2011. So the "real Juniors" just depends on when you went to Tech.
What was the sub shop I think next to juniors late 70s? Ate a lot of steak and cheese subs from there to avoid eating Varsity every day?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Tech has not been "real" since they eliminated drownproofing as a requirement, so there's that.

Techbert,
remembering the MJ Pippin's garbage pizza