Wake

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Just in case anyone out there still thinks WF is a pushover, beware!!!
We will need to really tighten up our chin straps for this game and play the most mistake free football ever. Wake Forrest is a genuine for real football team and they won't mind proving it.
Before the game last year, wife and I were eating at the Varsity when some WF fans came by and spoke. Very nice people they were too. Said their team may surprise us and give us a run for our money. I courteously agreed that it was possible for such a thing to happen, but I never dreamed I would be set up like that. Folks, believe me. Wake Forrest is going to be ready and we had better acknowledge that fact and be at our best.
I don't think we were outcoached and I don't think they were a better football team than ours. They just came to play football and blindsided us.
THEY BE GOOD!!

Remember when Wake Forest beat UGA several years ago. That was a great day to be anti dawg.
That WF coach was John Malcoivch (sp), I think he just go released by a West Coast team.
The UGA dawg coach called WF a "bunch of meat balls".

THWG
smile.gif

Originally posted by romegajacket:

I don't think we were outcoached
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Rome,
If you don't think we were outcoached last year, and if you have a strong stomach, watch the tape of last year's game.

Watch Wake do exactly the same thing over and over and over again. Also, watch the fact that we did not make any adjustments in order to stop them.

After we had NOT stopped Wake all day, watch Chan punt on 4th down and 8 inches!!!....and then watch Wake drive it down our throats, again.

Watch the mis-direction play over and over and over again. Watch us lay off their receivers 8 to 10 yards over and over and over again.

Watch Bilbo throw a 69 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter to get us back in the game....and then watch the fact that Bilbo does not play another down in the game?!?!

I assure you that if you are a TECH fan that it will make you sick. And that even the most ardent FOCer would have to admit that Grobe put on a coaching clinic and Chan and Tenuta NEVER adjusted.

And if Chan and Tenuta are as stubborn as they were last year, it will happen again. We have better personnel than them but they have better coaching. If the playbook stays open like it was against NC State then we may be ok. If not, look out.

Note to Rome: How did SE Whitfield stay with the Rome Wolves for so long the other night?

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by romegajacket:

I don't think we were outcoached
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Rome,
If you don't think we were outcoached last year, and if you have a strong stomach, watch the tape of last year's game.

Watch Wake do exactly the same thing over and over and over again. Also, watch the fact that we did not make any adjustments in order to stop them.

After we had NOT stopped Wake all day, watch Chan punt on 4th down and 8 inches!!!....and then watch Wake drive it down our throats, again.

Watch the mis-direction play over and over and over again. Watch us lay off their receivers 8 to 10 yards over and over and over again.

Watch Bilbo throw a 69 yard touchdown pass in the 4th quarter to get us back in the game....and then watch the fact that Bilbo does not play another down in the game?!?!

I assure you that if you are a TECH fan that it will make you sick. And that even the most ardent FOCer would have to admit that Grobe put on a coaching clinic and Chan and Tenuta NEVER adjusted.

And if Chan and Tenuta are as stubborn as they were last year, it will happen again. We have better personnel than them but they have better coaching. If the playbook stays open like it was against NC State then we may be ok. If not, look out.

Note to Rome: How did SE Whitfield stay with the Rome Wolves for so long the other night?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wake has beaten (or played a real close game) a lot of good teams since Grobe has been there..You cant necessarly say we were outcoached...Bilbo was Never consistent as a QB and as a result is at WR..He would look good on one play and lost on another..I dont care how you coach it as Eric Henderson said concerning Wake Forrest and their Flexbone "if you dont stay disciplined they will beat you" It is a VERY hard offense to defend..Players have to individually stay disciplined on EACH play or they hit you with a big play.....

the Wake game last year left me physically ill. Grobe definitely put on a coaching clinic. we lost by a field goal.

did we get "outcoached"? maybe ..

i think we got "outexecuted"

anyways, last year is OVER. did y'all see the coaching clinic that Gailey and Tenuta put up against NC St last weekend?

even the most ardent hater will have to admit that we outcoached one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the south.

go replay the tape.

watch how a true freshman quarterback converts 3rd and longs.

watch the pass protection by the line.

watch a walkon running back go to work blocking and running.

watch our 2 key receivers make big play after big play.

watch our defense. watch our red zone defense. watch us give up horrible field position to one of the most potent offenses in the nation in 2 successive drives and then giving up just 3 points.

watch all that. even the most ardent hater will have to admit that Gailey and co. outcoached the chest.

watch all that and if that makes you cry in your beer, BuzzOFF

Back