want a ring?

Yuk.
frown.gif

It is being sold from a New York location, so I would be willing to guess its not Freddy, but rather someone else who aquired it somehow. Thats just my input. I hate to see these things too.

isn't this the same situation with Ugag? The players weren't selling the rings, but someone else got them from the players and then sold on Ebay.

isn't this the same situation with Ugag? The players weren't selling the rings, but someone else who got them from the players and then sold on Ebay?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, I believe you are right. Only, our guy has no eligibility for this year (I'm assuming right?) while UGA's players are still on the current roster and expected to be members of the 03' squad.

I too hate to see this. Times are hard for some people but there are other ways to get out of it.

these are college kids whose hands are tied by the NCAA for what they can do for money. Some of the students coming into college atheltics come from a very poor background. It is easy for us to sit back and judge them and make fun of other schools (or ourself in this situation), but truth is, we don't know what their home life consist of.

I think one day, student athletes may recieve some minimal pay of some sort.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
these are college kids whose hands are tied by the NCAA for what they can do for money. Some of the students coming into college atheltics come from a very poor background. It is easy for us to sit back and judge them and make fun of other schools (or ourself in this situation), but truth is, we don't know what their home life consist of.

I think one day, student athletes may recieve some minimal pay of some sort.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GeeTee - You are right about kids coming from different environments and their wants and needs - I have known a few in my lifetime and it's very hard!

2 Big- Jonathon Smith #82 will be our #1 receiver this coming season & may, again, play QB/RB, as well.

Back