Want to play Oregon in the Seattle?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, here's an excellent site that explains everything about the BCS selections as well as how other Bowls choose their teams. They also give their predictions on Bowl matchups.
A Ga Tech-Oregon matchup sounds very, very interesting as far as a good game goes. Also sounding good is Clemson-Va Tech (would love a GT-VT game) & Virginia-Kansas St (that's a VERY good K St team). The ACC may get some very good Bowls this yr, competition wise.
College BCS.com & click Bowl predictions

I don't get it. I'm looking at that page and it says F$U goes to the Sugar Bowl. Is the simple fact that the Criminoles won the ACC the reason they go to a BCS bowl at all? As of this week, they've been dropped from the BCS top 15 and simply don't deserve to go to a BCS bowl, at-large or not.

I'm not liking this shaft treatment that other teams are getting because F$U stunk it up this year and are going simply because of their conference affiliation.

On another note, as much as I want our team to go to the Tangerine bowl (we have to beat UGAg), I don't want to see Kansas State there. They deserve much better than that, especially since Texas is overrated and KSU is currently playing the best football in the Big 12 and are third overall in the conference. That, plus I'm going to be in Southern California at the time of the Holiday Bowl and I want KSU to go there.

Thunder, with all due respect to Bill Snyder at K-State.......... play someone out of conference. He digs his own hole playing the sisters of the poor.

It doesnt really matter to me which bowl we go to... because none of the options are stellar... as long as the team gets a reward for their hard play this year and we are able to get in a few more weeks of practice... and win the bowl of course... I am happy

Originally posted by MacDaddy:
Thunder, with all due respect to Bill Snyder at K-State.......... play someone out of conference. He digs his own hole playing the sisters of the poor.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. They need to start scheduling more games against PAC 10 teams like USC and drop the Louisiana Monroes and Western Kentuckys from their schedule before they'll have a SOS good enough to get a higher ranking in the BCS.

Here's an update: it really does look like Oregon will be the 'host' team for the Seattle Bowl.

Oregon most likely PAC10 team for Seattle
grin.gif

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">K-State played and beat a very good USC team this year. The real USC by the way.

Yeah....So What!

I can't 'howl' enough about how discouraging this is getting for me. Yeah I know it sounds and looks great to play some name team fron another conference in a "who cares" bowl game that was just created . We've been doing it for years.

But in all reality what good is it really doing us? Yeah we get the extra practice, and we get our name on televison. But so do 55 other teams out of a 110+ - division. We're still a lower echelon team in a mediocre conference and we're not progressing no matter how much extra Dec practice we get. I mean if you don't make a bowl today your school might as well give up football. All I see for TECH are medicore bowls that are nothing more than a 12th game

I just don't see the positive that many are trying to make out of this. The ACC and Big East are still at the bottom of the pecking order, and are the only conferences not to have multiple teams in BCS games in any particular year whether their worthy or not(i.e. N.CAR 10-1 in the Gator, UVA 9-2 losing last second games to TEX and MICH and ending up in the Peach Bowl). In other words every other conference is walking away with the major football bowl money because of the one-sidedness of the system. Yet those same conferences want equal representation and fairness when it comes to NCAA Tourney time no matter how much their conference stunk it up. It really pisses me off. And the ACC front office just smiles and excepts it. Not one ACC board member proposes anything to try and get the ACC back in the football money picture.

I don't understand it. Every other conference ridiculously claims equality with ACC basketball based on a recent 1 or 2 year performance(or lack of). Yet Tobacco Rd is perfectly willing to believe the inferiority complex bestowed on the ACC during football season and all the bias that comes with it so the other conferences can walk away with all the big time bowl money. I for one am dam tired of it, and I don't see anyone at Tobacco Rd. willing to engage the unfairness.

WE're in the wrong conference.

AL lives,

We may be in the wrong conference for a few of the reasons that you listed above and for several that we could all talk about and have in the past.

However, from a financial picture, the ACC is very much in the "financial football picture" as you put it. Also, on a net basis, the ACC is the RICHEST per team conference in the land. As a side note, the fact that football now brings in more $$$ for the conference than basketball is lost upon the ACC commish's office.

Certainly, going to the Seattle bowl is not where we as fans or the program from a coaches and players standpoint want to be, but given everything that has taken place this year, I think a bowl trip (even w/the diluted value of minor bowl games over the last 5 or 6 yrs.) is good for the program.

At the very least, it will give the young players like Bridges, ACE, Daniels, Henderson, Parker, et. al. and Bilbo three weeks of practice in order to improve for next season.

My personal fav. matchup would be GT vs. VT in the Tire bowl. It's close to happening too. But if they insist on having VT play Clemson play for the 3rd damn time in 4 years, then I would not be upset to see GT play Oregon. I just think it's a rare/cool matchup.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think they beat USC this year.

Back