"Watching" the Game Thursday

B

beej1953

Looks like none of the channels on my local Comcast cable will be carrying the game vs Jax State Thursday. Is there anything out there better than Gametracker online? I see references to "ESPN360", but looks like it's only available via cable internet service (I'm on SBC DSL).

Looks like none of the channels on my local Comcast cable will be carrying the game vs Jax State Thursday. Is there anything out there better than Gametracker online? I see references to "ESPN360", but looks like it's only available via cable internet service (I'm on SBC DSL).

Other than attending, the only way to watch it is ESPN 360.

You might want to call some of your local sports bars. If they have an ESPN360, they may show it. But I would imagine it would have to be a big sports bar like an ESPNZone.

My road game, non-TV, GT gameday home-tailgate set-up in my basement den is usually this:

*the mini-fridge filled with Miller Lite and/or Smirnoff Ice.
*dip, chips, couple of bratwurst (grilled during pre-game).
*the remote in hand with the sound down for other games that are televised.
*logged in to GT on Gametracker and StingTalk Chat on the laptop.
*Wes and Van Note (now Rick Strom in place of VN) on the stereo.

In Texas on a Thursday night you may have to just go with Gametracker and Wes and Rick on 790 The Zone.

You might want to call some of your local sports bars. If they have an ESPN360, they may show it. But I would imagine it would have to be a big sports bar like an ESPNZone.
You can't watch it on TV, even in a sports bar.

You can't watch it on TV, even in a sports bar.

If you can watch it on a monitor, you can watch it on a TV.

But I'll leave that to the more computer savy to figure out. I'm just going to the game.

Why are we playing on Thursday anyway?

extra practice time BEFORE the game and then again BEFORE we play BC

this has been explained on numerous occasions by our AD and coaches

extra practice time BEFORE the game and then again BEFORE we play BC

this has been explained on numerous occasions by our AD and coaches

We don't get extra practice time before the game.

First season game is always 'extra practice time'

Kyle, we get extra practice time before the game 'compared' to scheduling a thursday game at any other date on the schedule.

First season game is always 'extra practice time'

Kyle, we get extra practice time before the game 'compared' to scheduling a thursday game at any other date on the schedule.
The way I understand it, we get only so many practices before our first game. Therefore, none of the practices before the game are extra. We will get two more days of practice than BC before our second game.

A bunch of Tech grads up here are hooking a laptop up to a projector and watching the game that way.

So you could:

a) fly to Chicago and join us
b) hook up a laptop to a TV or projector

I'm also throwing a couple of other possible factors out there for moving the game:

1. Labor Day Weekend - I am going out of town this weekend. I would not have done that if were playing in Saturday, but many fans are less dedicated than I.

2. Alabama versus Clemson - It's just a better game and the sidewalk fan would probably put his money there if forced to choose.

The main reason for the Thursday night move is the UA/CU game at the dome on Saturday, and not wanting the double traffic on Northside Drive and all that. As for the sidewalk fans, I don't know how many folks are going to be going to both games, though there may be a few.

A bunch of Tech grads up here are hooking a laptop up to a projector and watching the game that way.

So you could:

Now I have some ideas with my projector.:biggthumpup:

So you could:

Only if you have an ISP who provides 360 access. In Beej's case, Comcast does not. Luckily for me, Bellsouth does.

Also, if you have Verizon wireless, I believe you can access it as well by choosing "I am not at home" - or something like that.

My advice to everyone: go to ESPN360 BEFORE the day of the game to make sure you have all of the necessary software installed.

Guess I could just search and find out myself, but does 790 The Zone offer streaming audio via internet so I could do Gametracker and radio play-by-play simultaneously?

aww crap... so there's no way I can watch this? Is there a workaround for this espn360 crap?

Back