We are #5 on Out of Conference difficulty

This is such a pile of crap. ND is an OOC game for us is a bunch of irishit !

Those azzwipes need to be told to get in 100% or go to hell. Don't give me any of that crap about even numbered years when we play ND on a day of the week that ends in a "z" that it will count as a conference game.

We need to add some big time teamS that we can convince will be a benefit to them in all sports. (Uconn, navy, elon, cincy,Tulane, etc are not them)

And, if nothing else, if ND is an OOC game, we should go ahead and diversify more with games vs tex, OK, USC, PSU, OR and teams like that. Tell ND to FO. And tell the chick Stoken to eat his own azz; and we play these games the first game of the season on the road if need be.

This

The SEC can pay big money to the Sun Belt, CUSA, etc. type schools to play at their stadiums. Schools like Louisiana Tech actually cost a lot because they know schools want to play an easy team at home while still getting a win towards bowl eligibility.

Texas, Michigan and tOSU could certainly afford to play only lower-tier FBS schools too (is it playoff division now?). They may want to pivot for better strength of schedule, especially tOSU. But in general, most schools would play weak OOC slates but they don't have the money like SEC does.

The SEC can pay big money to the Sun Belt, CUSA, etc. type schools to play at their stadiums. Schools like Louisiana Tech actually cost a lot because they know schools want to play an easy team at home while still getting a win towards bowl eligibility.

Texas, Michigan and tOSU could certainly afford to play only lower-tier FBS schools too (is it playoff division now?). They may want to pivot for better strength of schedule, especially tOSU. But in general, most schools would play weak OOC slates but they don't have the money like SEC does.

I disagree after last year. Baylor and TCU were left out because of OOC SOS. It will take time, but eventually if a Mississippi school or Arkansas were left out due to SOS, the SEC would follow suit. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and South Carolina always play at least one tough OOC and often two ( Georgia played us and Clemson). Last year set a precedent.

VT will be hard for us to beat this year. We had the benefit of a turnover prone QB and no RBs, but they get their RBs back this year and all of their D-Line is on the Nagurski watch list.

One of their RBs might sit out the season still recovering from an ACL tear and the other's (Mackenzie) status is up in the air after banging a 15 year old. Last I read was the student honor council kicked him out of school (after the fball team did nothing) and he's appealing. So they probably will still be hurting at RB. They've got bodies and some experience, but nobody to be scared of. They'll probably start that scat back Coleman who is useless between the tackles but had good speed and wiggle on the edge. If their OL doesn't improve it won't matter anyway.

I doubt brewer will be much better. We preasured him into mistakes last year and I doubt they'll fair much better in BDS with JHD inserted into the DL. I do love their WR Ford though. If he was on a decent offense he'd be a star. And Hodges will be a matchup probl at TE. But still a game we should win again.

The thinking of SEC schools may change to increase OOC SOS. The other issue is whether Alabama playing a home-and-home with a school like UCLA is more money than two home games against a Sun Belt schools. Alabama makes so much per home game that two home games against crap competition is probably more money for them.

One of their RBs might sit out the season still recovering from an ACL tear and the other's (Mackenzie) status is up in the air after banging a 15 year old. Last I read was the student honor council kicked him out of school (after the fball team did nothing) and he's appealing. So they probably will still be hurting at RB. They've got bodies and some experience, but nobody to be scared of. They'll probably start that scat back Coleman who is useless between the tackles but had good speed and wiggle on the edge. If their OL doesn't improve it won't matter anyway.

I doubt brewer will be much better. We preasured him into mistakes last year and I doubt they'll fair much better in BDS with JHD inserted into the DL. I do love their WR Ford though. If he was on a decent offense he'd be a star. And Hodges will be a matchup probl at TE. But still a game we should win again.

And the turd on top is that they still have Scott Loeffler as their OC.

Unfortunately, their defense will probably be world class yet again, which means they'll still be a tough opponent.

The thinking of SEC schools may change to increase OOC SOS. The other issue is whether Alabama playing a home-and-home with a school like UCLA is more money than two home games against a Sun Belt schools. Alabama makes so much per home game that two home games against crap competition is probably more money for them.

If you look at their schedule, they have at least one top tier OOC opponent every year. I'm the first to bash Alabama, but they are by far not the worst offenders in the SEC. The question is if playing one decent OOC opponent is enough. Baylor and TCU showed zero isn't satisfactory. I think Ohio State took notice and will beef up their schedule because if Baylor and TCU had played someone, we'd have a different national champion.

You're best off scheduling one pretty good game and two or three games against lousy P5 teams, like say anyone in the Big Ten not called Ohio State or Michigan State.

I don't know how anyone can objectively look at Stanford's OOC schedule and call it harder than ours.

And that list - obviously missing Notre Dame.

whether Alabama playing a home-and-home with a school like UCLA is more money than two home games against a Sun Belt schools

Alabama isnt Georgia Tech. Alabama is selling out and making as much money as possible against both a Sun Belt school, or UCLA.

2 home games revenue for Alabama > 1 home game revenue for Alabama, irrespective of the opponent.

Alabama isnt Georgia Tech. Alabama is selling out and making as much money as possible against both a Sun Belt school, or UCLA.

2 home games revenue for Alabama > 1 home game revenue for Alabama, irrespective of the opponent.

More money, but less respect. I remember Nebraska would schedule OOC like this every year and it cost them a national championship.

Back