We Can Win If Our Team's Attitude Is Down Right Dirty Mean...

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Re: We Can Win If Our Team\'s Attitude Is Down Right Dirty Mean...

SouthGa, I agree we need to be focused and intense in our play and lay it on the line every game. I don't agree that treating the players like crap is the way to get that out of them.

Well let's see, is AUB, FSU, & UGA going to try and treat us like crap in the 4th quarter? I know what you are saying and yes I would like the coaches to push them to limits during practice that go beyond the breaking point so when the intensity of the game get's to the point of being barbaric, we aren't the ones who blink. Why do you think Richt uses those mat drills that are used at FSU? Those guys puke and keep going until the drill is finished. That is the only way I see this years team winning, otherwise I think we fold our tent and get humiliated.

South Georgia Jacket

SouthGa, mat drills and being phyisically and mentally tough on the guys, and how Bear treated the Junction Boys are different things. I know what you mean about toughness, you just need to modernize your approach to it IMO.

We've been missing someone really nasty on defense for several years. Yuremevitch was on the horizon before neck injury. We need to recruit someone who can be a leader with some intensity.

You are so right Father Wasp!

The one thing that has been missing
from our teams has been field leadership.

Little Joe was a great leader who did
his talking on the sidelines to his
teammates and his other talking with
his athletic skills on the field.

I also agree with South Ga.

Two coaches that come to my mind that
instilled this mentality in their players
were Coach Larry New and Coach Dave
Sallazzo (sp?) now at Maryland with Ralph.

I can remember seeing both of those guys
getting in the face of our defensive linemen and
getting results.

I am not sure that Coach Bear Braynt
nor Coach Bobby Dodd could coach today's
athlete.

Two entirely different coaching styles,
but today's kids are much different from
those players of the 50's and 60's.

I played high school football for a Coach
modeled himself after Bear Bryant. After
seeing the Junction Boys, I thought that
I was seeing my old high school team practice.

I hated that crap, I was not too fond of
my Coach either, but I will say today that
I am a better man and person because of him.

Also, I dont remember the Junction Boys staying at the Marriot Marquis. Did you Old Gold Bee?

From what I've seen in practice, Brezina may just be one of those players.

Originally posted by SouthGa:
We have to be an ill tempered bunch who are in much better shape physically and mentally than the opposition. I hope the coaches are treating them kind of like the movie Junction Boys displayed Bear treating his players. Since we lack depth we've got to be so mentally tough in the 4th quarter that the other team is having trouble with the abuse we are hurling at them.

South Georgia Jacket
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
AGREE 100%
BOO

Hope you are right, PJ!

At least the kid has good blood lines.

Hope you are right, PJ!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's had tussles with O-linemen about half of the practices I've attended. I don't think he's going to be taking any crap from any of our opposition.

Originally posted by ParkinJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hope you are right, PJ!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He's had tussles with O-linemen about half of the practices I've attended. I don't think he's going to be taking any crap from any of our opposition.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Must be that Napoleon Complex he has, being small on the DL.

Knock'em on their butts and dare'em to get up
mad.gif
get up punk! run it over here again! I'm coming for ya sissy boy!hear that?hear that? yeah thats your head crackin open when I .....sorry got carried away again
laugh.gif

We Can Win If Our Team\'s Attitude Is Down Right Dirty Mean...

We have to be an ill tempered bunch who are in much better shape physically and mentally than the opposition. I hope the coaches are treating them kind of like the movie Junction Boys displayed Bear treating his players. I know most of you will respond that there is no place for that in the new millenium but if you think about it, that is exactly what was missing from last year's team. You ever seen a scared dog walk around with it's tail pointing down between it's hind legs? We can't be like that. Since we lack depth we've got to be so mentally tough in the 4th quarter that the other team is having trouble with the abuse we are hurling at them.

South Georgia Jacket

Back