"We have not seen a freshman moment from Vad Lee...."

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Boom.

Was that a broadcaster jinx or what?

Thought the same thing. :furious:

Also liked the way Vad responded when he got the ball back.:biggrin: He showed a lot of poise.

He's still going to make some freshman mistakes.

Was Brant the play by play guy? Pretty bad if so. How do you mix up Laskey with Orwin?

Probably too close to game time, but I just threw a shot over to Wes to give Arch some hell about it during today's Falcons broadcast.

Was Brant the play by play guy? Pretty bad if so. How do you mix up Laskey with Orwin?

Brant was awful the whole day on player names. Dave Archer was alright as the color guy, but he is clearly much more comfortable doing color on NFL games.

How do you mix up Laskey with Orwin?

This has happened in several games. I guess it's because their jersey numbers both end in 7, but you would think they could tell the difference between a black AB and a white BB? I mean they don't run the same plays or anything...perhaps they just get confused with all the motion and misdirection we do.

Pretty sure I heard the name Jemea Golden at least once.

They got players mixed up all day. In their defense, our numbers are tough to read if you can only see the 7. The funny one was they got 14 mixed up with 6 and 8. Every defensive back was called Thomas at one time or another.

Nothing can top Doc Walker's repeated efforts of #20 Roddy Smith or #20 Roddy White.

The best (reverse) jinx will always be, "Where is the sting in these yellow jackets?" followed immediately by a Dwyer touchdown to start half 2 of the UGA game 2008.

I don't know who they were but on kickoff return they were saying that Smith had the ball, when Golden had it... Which okay... and then Golden gets tackled and walks towards sideline and they "That was a pretty decent return for Smith".... Like really? Can't read the numbers or the name... Those announcers sucked we watched about a third of the game on mute...

How do you mix up Laskey with Orwin?

I've got to admit, I mixed up Laskey and Orwin once during the game - the visitor seats are a long way from the field at UNC, so you can't really tell much other than numbers. I thought it was odd to see Orwin (17) at B-back, but eventually got a good look at the number and realized it was Laskey (37).

JRjr

I've got to admit, I mixed up Laskey and Orwin once during the game - the visitor seats are a long way from the field at UNC, so you can't really tell much other than numbers. I thought it was odd to see Orwin (17) at B-back, but eventually got a good look at the number and realized it was Laskey (37).

JRjr

Are the numbers difficult to read on the jerseys? I wondered that and then after awhile I figured the announcers just didn't care to call it correctly.

If you can't see the numbers just look at their arms. You'll be able to tell who it is.

I don't know who they were but on kickoff return they were saying that Smith had the ball, when Golden had it... Which okay... and then Golden gets tackled and walks towards sideline and they "That was a pretty decent return for Smith".... Like really? Can't read the numbers or the name... Those announcers sucked we watched about a third of the game on mute...

Always without fail I turn down the Tv volume and listen to Wes!

Back