We have talent and coaching, face it or not

D

Damarius

and heck we have a good coach. I know we were all so depressed with the way the season last year went, but lets think. This year we return Tony Hollings, who was the absolute BEST RB in the country before he got hurt. To back him up, we have guys like ACE and Michael Sampson along with P.J. DAniels and Jermaine Hatch. At FB, we have Mike Matthews, who is just a complete monster. He will be a threat at FB, while he can catch, run, and block. Not to mention his size (275 pounds) At O line, we have two gigantic, great blocking OL in Nat Dorsey and Leon Robinson. They are both All-ACC IMHO. Nat maybe All-American. Then you've got Kyle Wallace and Jeremy Phillips, who have shown what they can do, and it has been great at times. I know we have a lot of guys banged up at OL, but by kickoff against BYU, they'll be fine. At WR, we have so much talent in Jonathan Smith. Man this guy is a complete athlete. He made big plays last year towards the end of the season, where he not only played WR, but also quarterback and running back. Then you have Nate Curry, who was the third best WR at GT when he was a freshman. He has had his time to recover, and he will be a threat in 2003. Then you have Lakeldrick Bridges, who is a speedy gonzalez. His quickeness will break away from most Defensive Backs, and if he can just improve those hands on the long ball, then he will also be a threat. We also have Levon Thomas, who improved greatly over the course of last year, and Xavier Mcguire, who will be a great target because of his heighth. THen you go to our D-Line, where you have three DE beasts out of Greg Gathers, Tony Hargrove, and Eric Henderson. They have so much quickness and are just monsters. Then you look at our D-Line and we have guys like Terron Pullen, who is as physical as they get, Alfred Malone and TRavis Parker. To add, we have 315 pound Leshawn Newberry out of Spruce Creek, Florida, who just won the award for lifting the heaviest weights. And you have Mansfield Wrotto, who provides a lot of meat in the middle. No you go to LB, where you have Keyaron Fox, who has was our Defensive MVP last season IMHO. I mean come on, this guy is a leader as well as a player. And then you have Daryl Smith, who is just a monster tackler, and will get to the ball wherever it is. Then, you have Kingi Mcnair, who has a lot of speed and has improved with his hitting over the spring. At secondary, I admit myself there are a lot of unexperienced players. Buty hey, they still got talent. Rueben Houston made some of the biggest players for us last year, and if it werent for his huge plays, we could have lost some games we won. Then at the other CB, you have Jonathan Cox, who is the most experienced as them all. He has had his ups and downs in his career at Georgia Tech, but he can be good when he needs too. At Safeties, we have James Butler, who is a good cover man, and can also hit, and Dawan Landry, who I thought had a great spring. He really surprised me. And then to top it all off, At secondary, we have high school all-american Kenny Scott coming in, who is thought to be a starter august 28th against BYU. Honestly, the only position we may have trouble at is Qb becuase of the inexperience. Man, I just love D'bo. Hes really athletic, no doubt about it. He just needs to figure out this new offensive system. I believe in D'bo..I just know he will get the job done. Not to mention, we have two more extremely highly-taught athletic Qb's in Pat Carter and Reggie Ball. Both are a huge threat in the air and on the ground. They will be two great additions.

So as you can see, this team does have talent. You just gotta look into it.

Our coaches are great. Chan & staff are more comfortable with what they are working with. Buddy Geis was a great addition to the staff. He really knows what he is doing. The new offensive system we have looks great. The way our coaches recruit just amazes me. We filled most of our needs, and got prospects with tons of speed. I just can't wait until 2003...we're gunna be better than expected...just see...you heard this from Damarius. REMEMBER!!!!

WAHOO!!

GO JACKETS!!!

Damarius, you just got me excited all over again!!
blue.gif

I agree the talent is there, putting it all together and motivation is the key to success.
drinking.gif
Here's hoping CCG can put it together!

Good post Damarius. It is time to stop focusing on last season and take advantage of the opportunity to start anew this season.

Damarius.... please post more often... what a great post, we need more of the "glass is half full" posts.... thanks my friend...

YEAH!!!! I got all excited too. If I was running the ball right now, I would seek out a would-be tackler to run over.
smile.gif

Dbo i agree with you 100% we have everything we need to be a great football team this year! MAN I'M GLAD TO BE A GT FAN.

Back