We just picked up another

K-magGT

Varsity Lurker
I cannot say who just yet, but if you look hard enough you can find out. Hint it is on the defensive side of the ball.

Some Hivers have mentioned Brandon Watts. I know that we were his favorite.

Watts...confirmed

Nice pick-up...The defense is off to a really good start. Maybe this will snowball and convince Gresham and Gilliard to come on down.

Watts...confirmed

Nice pick-up...The defense is off to a really good start. Maybe this will snowball and convince Gresham and Gilliard to come on down.

Great pick up on Watts. Also, I think in the end we get Gresham as I believe he has visited several times already. Gilliard is I would say is 50-50 alot of big time programs are coming after him and he may get caught up in the process. At this point I would think we fill out the Lb spots with 2 out of the 3 of Gresham, Gillard, and Thorton.

Does anyone know personally/first hand about him?More than just on the Boards.

I like him. Very well spoken and respectful, couldn't ask for a better kid.

Does anyone know personally/first hand about him?More than just on the Boards.

I don't know him personally, but I have seen him play. He is a very athletic kid. Seems faster than his listed forty time...football fast, I guess you would say. He is very good in coverage. At one time, I actually thought that he might wind up a strong safety. However, he is a LB and will be a LB...probably a SLB. He has been at the top of our list since camp last year. Both the previous and the current staff were very high on this kid. Currently, he is flying under the radar a little. However, as Hivered mentioned, he has recently received an offer from Florida, but has made clear that he is a Jacket. I see him as more of a 3-Star player. He would most likely be a 4-star, but his lack of pub and an early committment to a non-factory school will most likely hurt his ranking...sad but true. Nevertheless, we got a great football player, who appears to be a great person with a strong work ethic.

I don't remember the last time we have gotten this many early,in-state commits of this caliber.

Ummm. You mean since last year?
Ummm. Last year we had one commit at this time of the year, and he ended up signing with someone else. In 2007 we had zero commits at this time of the year. 2009 has definitely gotten off to a faster start that any year I can remember.

Ummm. At this time of the year last year we had one verbal and at this time two years ago we had no verbals.

Edit: Haha

I don't remember the last time we have gotten this many early,in-state commits of this caliber.

We now have four. I read elsewhere that we had not previously reached four until June. Plus, I would not be surprised at all if we see some offensive commits soon, especially with our Spring practice coming up shortly. Visiting kids will be getting a glimpse of the CPJ offense and its potential soon.:fingersx:

Great news the defense is looking very, very good, still waiting on the offensive recruits. Great to lock up these high caliber kids early, lets just hope we hold on to them:fingersx:.

Back