attitude -
"Now remember, when things get bad, and it
looks like you're not gonna make it,
then you gotta get 'mean'. I mean plumb
mad dog 'mean'. Because if you lose your
head, you neither win nor live. That's just
the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

P.S. The Tech fans could use a little of this
attitude also and lose some of this hysteria.

grin.gif

Re: WE need a \'NEW ATTITUDE\'

ahsoisee,

It's unfortunate that this year ended like it did. And I think you're correct.
I have a feeling that O'Leary is gonna use spring practice to really separate the "men from the boys". Next year's team need some leadership and it's up to the coaching staff to find these people and put them in a position to lead.
It's important that Big Bee keeps this program up in the near future. We have a stadium expansion coming and we need to fill those seats. A 7-5 team won't fill a 55K stadium at Georgia Tech, except when UGA brings all their damn fans.
Personally, I'm looking forward to next year. Expectations won't be so high, and we seem to play looser without all the expectations.

Thanks for the reminder OLDGOLD. I'll betcha 'ole Josie Wales could coach in the ACC. I love that quote!

I think you are being tongue-in-cheek, but I will bite.

I think its a reminder of a mentality held by many if not most, just a few years back. A mentality that 8-5, 7-4 was a major dissapointment.
Of course this was before O'L left, and before the athletic department lost any control it had over the SA's academic performance.

The point I take out of this thread is that Tech was expected to excel in football in 2001.

Back