We Need KC’s Music Man

Play whatever. Just don't turn it on right as our band is playing the Ramblin Wreck.

Players will respond to stadium energy as much as to the music. What happened last year, regardless of the music choice, was like noise-cancelling headphones playing a cancelling note to stifle the fanbase because we had no idea what we were expected to do. Executed well, the PA system could rather be a positive feedback that causes us to get louder.

Play whatever. Just don't turn it on right as our band is playing the Ramblin Wreck.

Players will respond to stadium energy as much as to the music. What happened last year, regardless of the music choice, was like noise-cancelling headphones playing a cancelling note to stifle the fanbase because we had no idea what we were expected to do. Executed well, the PA system could rather be a positive feedback that causes us to get louder.

Our current PA system operator likes to drown out the Yellow Jackets chant with Cotton Eye Joe when some cow college is the visiting team. As mentioned before, our current PA system operator likes to drown out the Ramblin Wreck with YMCA and the kids cam. I may be misremembering some details because I was a little drunk, but I do remember being infuriated by the band being played over and hype songs being played at inappropriate times that seemed to fire up the opposing team and their fans.

Bigcry me.

I think we should play whatever gets the kids hyped, not what gets the old guys in the stands hyped.

I used to think this. Then I realized kids get even more hyped up when old guys in the stands get hyped up making BDS loud.

This will be us, but in gold instead of purple

Somebody with skills like the old lsufreek stuff put CGC on the Joker, the rest of our coaching staff on the henchmen. Throw in some gold, swag, GT stuff, graphics, etc. Maybe some of the stuff he messes up be uga related to symbolize GT taking over the state/ATL.

I used to think this. Then I realized kids get even more hyped up when old guys in the stands get hyped up making BDS loud.

So I haven’t been out of line when I yell, “play some Skynyrd!” when I don’t like the music being played in BDS? I was afraid that might be the musical equivalent of, “Get off of my lawn.”

Here's the thing. If UGAg or Clemson is there, I am OK with drowning out their band with our PA. If a team doesn't bring a band, or just has a pep band, let our band play and keep the interruptions to a minimum.

If a team doesn't bring a band, or just has a pep band, let our band play and keep the interruptions to a minimum.

Yes, nothing gets me more pumped that "RWFGT" and "UWTWG" for the umpteenth thousandth time in a row. Oh, and "I Put On" sprinkled in.

Don't get me wrong, I love our band and the songs, and they should be played often at games, but the most excited/loudest that I've seen the stadium was the years we were blasting "All the Way Turned Up" and "O' Leh Do It" with the players jumping around on the screen. We need to do more of that (with updated songs). A majority of the crowd may not know the songs, but seeing the players into it gets the crowd into it.

All metal all the time....and not crappy metal. Metallica pre black album will do. Let it blare. We can end this debate.

Let the captains decide on a song with some oversight from coach.

Even better would be commissioning a song from OutKast/TI/Gucci Mane/Ludacris/etc

Could probably even make money doing that. That would be a modern Howard Schnellenberger move.

Talented, well marketed, Atlanta based rappers with a historical record of putting out bangers. Even better- get the guys from Migos in there too. Kinda like what the GTGs did
You do not want Migos. They all got busted in Statesboro at a Southern event.

Back