WE NEED KENNY!!!!!

techrod

Flats Noob
Kenny if you sign with the ramblin wreck that in and of itself would be HUGE!!! The reason I believe that is you are what every team wants. We need DBS badly!!!! but not only that your signature puts this class of ours on the map. You would also give Chan truly something to build on for the future. Other recruits would respond to us if they see you come aboard. Your impact is great with us!!!!!!!!! You would be also at least the seventh Floridian to ink this year!!! Come on big guy make this program all it can be!!!

I hope the coaches convince Kenny Scott that Tech has a good history with top-notch recruits. If he goes to FSU, he may not play until he's a redshirt junior. If he comes to Tech, he will probably play as a freshmen and could start. Come to Tech Kenny and you can be All-ACC as a freshmen and All-American as a sophomore like Ken Swilling.

Originally posted by 3518techie:
I hope the coaches convince Kenny Scott that Tech has a good history with top-notch recruits. If he goes to FSU, he may not play until he's a redshirt junior. If he comes to Tech, he will probably play as a freshmen and could start. Come to Tech Kenny and you can be All-ACC as a freshmen and All-American as a sophomore like Ken Swilling.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Do you really think Kenny Scott is reading this BS. If he is, and I hope he is, in the opinion of this old coach, Ken Swilling was the most overrated player in Tech history until the Muyers brothers. Please come to Tech, please, please you will be loved by the fans. You will play every down of every game. Give me a break, this sounds like your old b-ball coach.

Originally posted by wallybutts:
... Ken Swilling was the most overrated player in Tech history....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ken Swilling was a great player before he got hurt against klimpsum. Giving him a shot and putting him back in the game was a very bad decision that probably affected his career forever.

Hey wally go read Sports Illustrated about how your women can recruit!!!!!! Its there in black and white for all to see!!! ha ha ha. I wonder if the cost comes out of the athletic budget. Could you please enlighten us on that? Man what a program. Hey are these girls available to all the boys on campus? No wonder ya'll are not concerned with message boards. I wouldn't be either. Who recruits these girls? Ya'll probably do a better job of that than even the football recruits!!! HA HA HA HA HA

WallyButts, Beeware is right. Ken Swilling was a first-team all-american. He is hurt his ankle returning a kickoff against Clemson and never was the same. You could take what WallyButts knows about Tech football put in a thimble and still have plenty of room for a thumb. Go back to the Dawgvent and post how all the recruits who didn't want to go to UGA either were overrated or bought off by other schools. We don't need your brain-dead posts on the message board. It's for intelligent Tech people not dumb dawgs.

Originally posted by 3518techie:
WallyButts, Beeware is right. Ken Swilling was a first-team all-american. He is hurt his ankle returning a kickoff against Clemson and never was the same. You could take what WallyButts knows about Tech football put in a thimble and still have plenty of room for a thumb. Go back to the Dawgvent and post how all the recruits who didn't want to go to UGA either were overrated or bought off by other schools. We don't need your brain-dead posts on the message board. It's for intelligent Tech people not dumb dawgs.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OK, OK you are right. He was awsome, Awwww some. To borrow a line from one of my collegues, to be awsome, you need to finish the drill! And another thing, I've been watching Tech football from up here for a few years and it has not been pretty. Yeah, every ten years or so there is hope, and then, well you know. And another thing, I have never commented on recruiting at my former school. Not on this board or any other. The recruiting anal-ists usually say that my old school always out recruits your school, but it's what you do with those young men once you get them. It's the coaching, it's all about the coaching. Good coaches will get the most out of their players and that who usually wins. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

funny hearing thoughts about Tech football such as "once in ten years there is hope" from a fan who follows a team which has "hope once in 20 years"

wally, You are right on the coaching the recs. up and you have the coach who can get it done. Richt(sp} is the right man for ya'll at this time!! Remember Tech- Dawgs 1998,99, and 2000!!??

Originally posted by techrod:
wally, You are right on the coaching the recs. up and you have the coach who can get it done. Richt(sp} is the right man for ya'll at this time!! Remember Tech- Dawgs 1998,99, and 2000!!??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's exactly what I'm talkin about.

Swilling needs to 'finish the drill'?.....huh?

Ken was a consensus All-American, has an NC ring, and is a lay minister in the Presbyterian church.

What?....you need him to come wash your El Camino or something before he will have officially 'finished the drill'?

grin.gif

as to WallyBUTTS....that reply was the most NON-ISSUE reBUTTal I have ever heard. This is a TECH site FOR Tech alums/fans.....99.9% of posts are relevant....you, kind sir, posted one THAT IS NOT!
You have absolutely no proof that a possible recruit does not read these posts. And if they do not, did it really bother you that much? Move on and get real.

Originally posted by BLEEDGOLD:
as to WallyBUTTS....that reply was the most NON-ISSUE reBUTTal I have ever heard. This is a TECH site FOR Tech alums/fans.....99.9% of posts are relevant....you, kind sir, posted one THAT IS NOT!
You have absolutely no proof that a possible recruit does not read these posts. And if they do not, did it really bother you that much? Move on and get real.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My whole point is or was, if a recuit does read this crap, you could at least find a better example of a player ie.- K Brooking or PAT Swilling - to get them fired up, but hey, that is just this old coach's obsevation. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. I didn't mean to offend anybody, I didn't know the Reverend Swilling was such an idol for the gold & white. Maybee I need to go read some old media guides or something.

wally,

Yeah, your not in tune with GT fans obviously. Again, I don't mean this ugly, but wish you weren't here on this board. Don't understand it. Probably never will understand it. I don't hate UGA fans. See the word "hate" all the time on these boards. That's not me. I am not even bitter over the butt kicking you gave us last year. Honestly, that's not my style. With all my heart I truly wish you were not here. Nothing personal.

Originally posted by wallybutts:
I didn't mean to offend anybody, I didn't know the Reverend Swilling was such an idol for the gold & white. Maybee I need to go read some old media guides or something.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">coach,
You know this corrective vison surgery is getting real popular. You might want to check into it.

Ken Swilling was a great high school player and a great college player; until he was injured on a kickoff against klimpsum.

No if's, no and's, and definitely, no Butts. (Wally's or otherwise.)

Back